How much to have a body rerouted?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DaleftyDalefty Frets: 509
    What model do you have for a start and what are the specs, schaller do two different size of machineheads, vintage which are 8.5mm and modern which are 10mm.

DaLefty
    Both dog and owner available for stud, please contact DaLefty if interested
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    WezV said:
    depends on a few factors, not impossible but not the sort of job I normally take on willingly :)
    Not the sort of job that WEZ normally takes on willingly?

WEZ. THE MAN WHO MADE THIS.

He thinks it's a bad idea. He wouldn't do it. He knows his onions. Therefore it's a bad fucking idea and you shouldn't do it.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Dalefty said:
    What model do you have for a start and what are the specs, schaller do two different size of machineheads, vintage which are 8.5mm and modern which are 10mm.

DaLefty

Grover 305 series mini rotomatics I believe... 18:1 ratio
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    Bucket said:
    WezV said:
    depends on a few factors, not impossible but not the sort of job I normally take on willingly :)
    Not the sort of job that WEZ normally takes on willingly?

WEZ. THE MAN WHO MADE THIS.

He thinks it's a bad idea. He wouldn't do it. He knows his onions. Therefore it's a bad fucking idea and you shouldn't do it.

You are right, this is a strong suggestion that I shouldnt do it ;) ho are you getting along with the ML by the way?
    'Awibble'
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    edited April 2015
    Hertz32 said:
    You are right, this is a strong suggestion that I shouldnt do it ;) ho are you getting along with the ML by the way?
    It's been sitting in pieces feeling sorry for itself and not getting much love - the back and most of the sides are sanded down sufficiently - no clearcoat but the paint's all still there. I'll get round to the front one of these days... just as soon as I find some sandpaper :D

Still trying to work out how to do the colours. Can you put green over black or will the black just bleed through anything I put over it?
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    https://www.grotro.com/media/ticc/products/2012/6/1/305.jpg

So modern schallers should be drop in? (Obviously with a new screw hole in the back)
    'Awibble'
    edited April 2015
    Bucket said:
    Hertz32 said:
    It's been sitting in pieces feeling sorry for itself and not getting much love - the back and most of the sides are sanded down sufficiently - no clearcoat but the paint's all still there. I'll get round to the front one of these days... just as soon as I find some sandpaper :D

Still trying to work out how to do the colours. Can you put green over black or will the black just bleed through anything I put over it?

With enough coats the green should hold... I'm anticipating 5-6 coats of paint for this peavey! I've sanded everything down to wood front and back, and mostly off the sides. I just need to hand sand the really curvy bits and do some reshaping. Then I have to pick what colour this thing is gonna be...
    'Awibble'
    You will be able to drop these ones in with no problems, though you may need to make new holes for the srew that hold them into place at the back of your headstock:

http://www.axesrus.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=10060220&CartID=1

DaLefty
    Nice, thanks dude :) I've heard schaller will do packs of 8 if you ask and I might need non locking as it has to be able to take a .90 gauge string. I'll swap the buttons over for their knurled cylindrical ones too, the tuners are tightly packed and my fingers knock the other buttons
    'Awibble'
    I'm not a fan of locking machine heads either, I find them a pain in the arse to change strings on.

DaLefty
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17493
    Dalefty;586716" said:
    I'm not a fan of locking machine heads either, I find them a pain in the arse to change strings on.

DaLefty
    Hows that? Pull them through and tighten a thumbwheel.

I don't use them on everything, but when I do its for easier string changes.

If its not the trem bridge you are adding then it is a lot easier, but also more pointless and still likely to change the guitar in unpredictable ways