FX pedals for Egnater Tweaker combo question

What's Hot
scarry67scarry67 Frets: 143
Just sold a few pedals and an amp; bought a nice used Tweaker 15 combo. I'd like some reverb or delay to add a bit of space to the sound. It's got an FX loop so am I best off getting something like a Zoom MS70CDR and keeping it in the loop and get a drive pedal in front of the amp as needed? Am I right in thinking that reverbs/delays, especially combined with dirt, sound less appealing straight into the front of an amp?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7818
    Depends who you ask. I like amp dirt, pedal od and fuzz in the front, delays and reverb in the fx loop.

Cracking amp btw
  • wordywordy Frets: 67
    I'd get a Digitech Hardwire Reverb.... I have one, which as it happens I also use with a Tweaker.
  • scarry67scarry67 Frets: 143
    I hear the call of a reverb and a fuzz pedal beckoning me... Keep it simple.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 840
    I have a Zoom MS70CDR that I'm looking to move on if you decide to go down that route
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7818
    scarry67 said:
    I hear the call of a reverb and a fuzz pedal beckoning me... Keep it simple.
    now which Fuzz pedal - there's a question with a ton of answers :) 

If you want a simple reverb get the mini HOF, simple delay, you could do worse than the Mooer ANA echo or the TC mini flashback...

If you are looking for an OD then get the SOV-2 clone I have for sale - it's cheap, handmade and awesome :)
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30319
    I haven't tried the Zoom but all the demos I've seen so far point to it being a lot of fun and bloody good value for money.
  • MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1246
    I run that Zoom pedal through the FX loop of my Egnater Renegade - it's fine.  It's equally fine in the line in signal, although on the red channel the delay repeats can be a little odd.  But that can sound cool sometimes.
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
  • scarry67scarry67 Frets: 143
    So many pedals, so little time/money. Right, I'm heading to Andertons tomorrow afternoon to try out a few things. Thanks for tips.