SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

*SOLD*: Suhr Custom Classic T

What's Hot
DPCDPC Frets: 56
edited September 2015 in Guitars £
Finally realised that I won't get the money that this guitar is worth so I'm putting it back up for trade. Looking for PRSi - no 'S' series and preferably with a standard carve.

Bought back in 2010, the guitar remains in a superb condition with no detectable dings - easily 9.9/10.  The only changes to the spec sheet below are 1) the removal of the Tremol-no (which I found unreliable), and 2) the replacement of the pickups with a Dimarzio Tone Zone (Bridge) and Dimarzio PAF Pro (Neck). I don't have the original pickups but they are available to buy in a variety of different outlets (they were basically Suhr's version  of an Seymour Duncan JB and '59, in my opinion). Will also include the brand new nickle cover for the neck pickup too.

It's a stunning guitar that plays every bit as good as it looks; I'm just into that Mahogany/Maple sound these days so this is now surplus to requirements. There is no noticeable fret-wear and its set-up perfectly with a low action and 9-46 strings. The neck carve is fairly generic but very comfortable, and it would say its fairly close to modern-day US Strats and Teles.

Based in Newport, near Cardiff

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DPCDPC Frets: 56
    I'd be interested to know if I've priced this competitively.  Difficult to put a value on a custom guitar: what I think its worth and what the second-hand market think its worth are two entirely different things!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Sexy like a high class hooker
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    Ooohhhhh! Very very nice indeed!
  • stedsted Frets: 259
    DPC said:
    I'd be interested to know if I've priced this competitively.  Difficult to put a value on a custom guitar: what I think its worth and what the second-hand market think its worth are two entirely different things!

Hmmm, yeah. Difficult to say, I found that customs really struggle, the less they look like the established norm the less appeal they seem to have. I like the T-type Suhr's though and yours is pretty sweet.
    sted said:
    DPC said:

Hmmm, yeah. Difficult to say, I found that customs really struggle, the less they look like the established norm the less appeal they seem to have. I like the T-type Suhr's though and yours is pretty sweet.
    It is a stunning guitar and that's not my being biased (honest guv!).  It was based on the one Suhr used to have on the first page of their old website.  There's also a slight sparkle in the finish that hasn't show on the one photograph I've uploaded so far.

If you're after a classic sounding Tele then this isn't it; this is very much a rock guitar (although the split coils sound very tele-like, especially in the 4th position).  It's just that alder bodied guitars don't appeal to me much at the moment, and the DGT has turned my head

• LewLew Frets: 1657
    DPC;588581" said:
    Despite what it's worth (which may well be £1700) I think you'll be waiting a fair spell for the right buyer due to the nature of the used market.
    Lew said:
    DPC;588581" said:
    Despite what it's worth (which may well be £1700) I think you'll be waiting a fair spell for the right buyer due to the nature of the used market.
    I fear you're probably right, unfortunately!
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    Totally different kettle of mahogany but for reference if I was gonna sell my ghetto Modern Satin I'd probably expect £1100 odd.
    Original post edited. Bump
    Bump
    48h bump!
    Bump
  • BGGBGG Frets: 698
    Not surprised the DGT has turned your head, it's been my number one since I got mine.
    Mind my Suhr Classic T with trem is my main gigging guitar these days,
    #thebatesmotelband
    I actually managed to borrow a friend's DGT a few weeks ago, and as it turns out the frets were a little too tall for my tastes.  Absolutely wonderful guitar though.
    Yeah the frets are pretty big, helps make those 11's feel like 10's.
    Total tone monster !
    #thebatesmotelband
    bump
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33965
    DPC said:
    It is probably priced fairly for someone who wants a dual pickup Suhr Tele with a trem.
    The problem is those people will be few and far between.
    If it was closer to £1300-1400 you'd probably get more interest.

It would help if you had the original pickups too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    octatonic said:
    DPC said:
    It is probably priced fairly for someone who wants a dual pickup Suhr Tele with a trem.
    The problem is those people will be few and far between.
    If it was closer to £1300-1400 you'd probably get more interest.

It would help if you had the original pickups too.
    Yeah, I think you're probably right: I'm gonna drop the price a bit later. I'd much rather trade it though: its the only way I'll exploit its true value. Plus, I'm genuinely on the look out for those guitars mentioned in the OP.
    This one was £1400 ... sadly had to add import duty to that :(

#thebatesmotelband
    Price drop to £1500 + shipping