SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - Squier VM 70s Strat (GILMOUR-esque...) with new pics

dampoldmandampoldman Frets: 44
edited May 2015 in Guitars £

As sad as I will be to see this go, I'm saving for something and need the cash...

These are truly great little guitars, well made, look amazing and play really well. Perfect as a base for modding/upgrading too. I'm particularly keen on the vintage tuners for some reason. Pickups are Duncan Designed and do the job right enough. The neck is gorgeous in the flesh too, and is really comfy to move around.

Only real issue with it is a slightly loose jack input which can be fixed easily enough but I've never got round to doing it. EDIT - FIXED

I've got a gigbag to go with it. Unfortunately no hard case or box so courier might be tricky/not worth the hassle.

I'd point out I'm after a Gibson LP Studio and have about £350-£400 so if anyone has one and wants a trade let me know. About 2 years ago I had a Goldtop 50s Tribute (with humbuckers, Thomann limited run) which I stupidly sold so I'm desperately trying to track one down, if anyone knows someone who knows someone who has one of those? I saw @TheMoz had bought one but he's clearly not active on the forum any more...failing that, same goes for an Orange TH30 combo...

I really should never have got rid of that rig...

Anyway. I'm after £150 for it. BARGAIN.

I'm based in Montgomery (Mid Wales) but don't mind travelling for fuel cash within reason. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Weekend bargain anyone?
  • cbilly22cbilly22 Frets: 360
    That is a steal for that guitar...have a bump on me.
  • dampoldmandampoldman Frets: 44
    edited May 2015
    Long time later bump... I took a renewed shine to this guitar and added the white pickup covers and knobs (still the Duncan Designed originals but with new housing), got it properly set up, fixed the jack and had the trem blocked off. All done by Rob Williams in Mid Wales. 

I have the stock black pickup housings and knobs which I'll include.

But alas I've got the GAS and am happy to move it on. 

I should add that after looking under the scratchplate I can see that's it's routed for a HB in the bridge which is cool, if you're looking as a base for mods. 

I'm interested in trades (pedals - TC or EHX particularly but open to suggestions) preferably but would let it go for the £150 I had it advertised for up there. The work I had done cost me £70 so I'm probably a bit daft but GAS is GAS, right?

Here's some pics of it in its new suit.

imageimage
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4730
    Coda have two Goldtops if you are interested - a 50s and a 60s.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    Cheers, they've got the 'mainstream' one - the one I was after was a Thomann special run. See here: http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Studio-50s-Tribute-Humbucker.aspx

Should never have sold it. I was a fool. 
    Bank holiday bump
    Generic bump
    Industrial grade bump
    Cutting edge bump
  • andrewandrew Frets: 47
    Is there a particular type of pedal (s) you're after?
    Sarcasm is often hard to detect in writing. If in doubt - yes, I was taking the piss.
    Preferably an EHX Pog, but open to suggestions. No overdriven/distortions though as I'm more than happy with my amp juice.