Replacement Prs Se birds

Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1822
edited April 2015 in Making & Modding

Hi been offered a pretty battered Bernie Marsden SE which has has a sander relic job and a partially stripped neck. It's for no real money and I thought of refinishing it completely as a summer project upgrading with pots and pickups I have laying around.

My pet peeve with SE's is the very bland acrylic birds. Are there any direct replacements that fit. Had a brief Google found some birds but no reference to replacement or sizing.

Any ideas thanks jez
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DaleftyDalefty Frets: 509
    Try these people, they have a wide selection of fretboard inlay sets, fretboard inlay materials, and they even do custom fretboard inlays.

http://www.smallwonder-music.co.uk/shop/default.asp

DaLefty
    Both dog and owner available for stud, please contact DaLefty if interested
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xGizmoxGizmo Frets: 1118
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1822
    thanks I found some of these what I cant find is do they fit SE guitars as a replacement.

thanks jez

• xGizmoxGizmo Frets: 1118
    Id say your best bet might be to email the seller and ask him to either send you dimension or buy a set test them when they arrive and send them back for a refund if there not a one for one match.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17501
    Gizmo said:
    Id say your best bet might be to email the seller and ask him to either send you dimension or buy a set test them when they arrive and send them back for a refund if there not a one for one match.
    I would message the seller to ask if they are a direct replacement, rather than buy them assuming they are and mess the seller around unnecessarily 

They are not listed as a replacement set.   this will either be because a) they are just like PRS birds but they can't list them as a replacement set  due to trademark issues, or b) they are in the style of PRS birds for new luthier builds, not direct replacements for an actual PRS.

Message the seller to find out.  They look the part but i would give the seller the chance to answer the question before messing around with orders and possible returns