Laney IRT studio

hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
Any opinions on them? 

I'm considering one as my main amp, with DI to PA for gigs.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    They sound great, they sound big into a a decent cab and direct to pa .
  • I tried one and really liked it. Seemed very versatile. Loads of gain too, which I like.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26752
    Good amps, and very tweakable. The only weak spot is the footswitch; if you can live with the channel switching arrangement, then I'd say just get one.
    <space for hire>
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2467
    I had one for a year, loved it. Sound good, more gain than you will ever need, and a genuinely decent clean channel and reverb which is nice on a high gain amp.

I used mine into a Marshall 1912 which was a very neutral sounding cab and suited the amp well (got rid of a little high end brightness and got more bass out of the el84s)

Only reservation is if you need to change a valve you need to remove 12 screws!
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    edited April 2015
    strtdv;592382" said:
    I had one for a year, loved it. Sound good, moreggain than you will ever need, and a genuinely decent clean channel and reverb which is nice on a high gain amp.

I used mine into a Marshall 1912 which was a very neutral sounding cab and suited the amp well (got rid of a little high end brightness and got more bass out of the el84s)

Only reservation is if you need to change a valve you need to remove 12 screws!
    So concensus is good then. Gotta ask the obvious though, if you loved it why don't you have it anymore?
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2467
    @hugbot I bought a Matamp on a whim, and have a one in one out policy so the Laney had to go as it was last in.

Seriously, in many ways the Laney was much more practical, it had 3 channels and was ultra portable, and very useful even at low volumes. The Matamp is non-master volume single channel and needs to be pushed hard, but I just loved the clean and low gain tones it gave me (I'm not really a high gain player mostly, so the Laney had really too much gain for me)
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    I have one and really like it, Whereabouts in london are you? Drop me a PM as I could probably loan it to you for a few days if you want? I'm at the end of the met line
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100