A song "I" dun writted

What's Hot
Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
edited October 2013 in Off Topic

I wrote a corker lastnight. Good melody, got the chords roughed out, ideas for killer solos etc. Today I was humming to myself and I realised it was basically Desire by U2. I hate it when that happens.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Nah, go with it anyway - it'll probably sound very different once you add your own twist on it, even just a different voice can make a big difference.
    I never write songs because I get very hung up on the fact that everything I come up with sounds like something else that's already been written, but I need to leave that be and just plough on until the song becomes my own.

So...do as I say not as I do :)

• Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188

true dat

also my description 'a corker' was probably stretching it a bit.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10773
    Haha :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Personally, I wouldn't have owned up to it.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom