wow, that was some drive

EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
Just drove from Courchevel to Madrid. As scenic drives it's up their with the best, taking in the Alps and the Pyrinese and some fairly beautiful bits of Cataluña and Aragon. Of course Spain being Spain some one had managed to crash so badly that the car by the side of the rode was totally burnt-out and gruesome. The Spanish seem to lose all contact with their brain when they get behind a wheel. I'm now officially knackered.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6374
    That sounds like a great experience. How long did it take you to drive that distance... and did you stop to take any photos that you can share?  :)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    You could have stopped in for a beer en-route. We are only two hours north of the Pyrenees.
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549

I bet that cost a few €€€ on the peage.

France would be a joy to drive around if it weren't for the exorbitant tolls. I do fairly regular trips to Bourgogne and it's almost 100€ each way for the peage alone.

• EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    After Courchevel the roads felt cheap. 16 euros a beer at the hotel. I left yesterday at 9 pm and reached Zaragoza. Then left zaragoza at 7 am and was home by 9:45, which was a bit naughty...
  • XWulfhereXWulfhere Frets: 416
    On Saturday I went from Newcastle upon Tyne to exeter. I think you got the better drive :-)
    And you know what else? Those safety lids on bottles of sanatogen. There I am trying to get the lid off and along comes my six year old and says "there you are daddy" and it's off in a Jiffy. Someone's gonna get hurt.
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    The A1 is horrible. Especially of you start at Edinburgh. Really tiring and although their are some good views, the delays Grate
  • I was on the a68 last week Edinburgh to Newcastle. Brilliant Road, worth hopping off the A1 for.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1817
    Evilmags said:
    The A1 is horrible. Especially of you start at Edinburgh. Really tiring and although their are some good views, the delays Grate
    But the A1 is redeemed by stopping at an OK diner for the burgers, pulled-pork hot sandwich, and milkshakes (especially if on expenses which is what most of my A1 journeys are)
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5104
    I thought this discussion was about McIlroy's drive at the eleventh last evening....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum