V Trem Bridge in wrong place on strat.

It's too far back, I think it will intonate just, but the block sits on the side of the cavity and there is a 5mm gap between the bridge and pickguard. 

It's 4-5mm out of whack.  Do I just fill the holes with wood and glue and redrill to depth and widen the rout?  No problems with screws moving as there might be with Floyd posts moving etc as it's a 6 screw V trem?

Did any genuine 60's Strats have badly positioned bridges?  If it was a popular feature I might leave it eh...

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74503
    Is that a Fender Strat, copy of one, or a partscaster? Something doesn't sound right for there to be so many ways it doesn't fit properly...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

I think it's a Fernandes body.  It's old and Poly, but cracked and yellowed all over the place.  I like it.  Also Basswood I reckon.

Trem rout and fitting is 5mm out of whack, too far back.  Also I fitted a USA Trem, so it's probably the bigger block hitting.  But doesn't help with the 5mm potentials intonation issues.

I don't care if I ruin it.  I guess the best think to do is rout 7mm extra off the  block rout, bung up the holes and redrill using an old trem or wooden block for alignment?

Or extend the neck pocket? Might be neater and less work. You can probably enlarge the bolt holes enough to allow it to line up without having to plug and redrill the neck.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    I did think about that, but rather put it right, where it's actually wrong.
    Sambostar said:
    I did think about that, but rather put it right, where it's actually wrong.
    Yes, you're right. And not lazy :).