SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Greg Bennett UM4 £230 and upgraded Vintage VS6 SG £130

chrishill901chrishill901 Frets: 516
edited May 2015 in Guitars £

Greg Bennett UM4 - £300  £230

This is the UM4 - the top of the Ultramatic range. Greg Bennett guitars were made in the Samick factory (hence the 'S' on the headstock) - This is the factory famous for producing sought after Epiphones (Samick made Epis sell for more).

The guitar is based on the early PRS guitars. It has an Alder body with a quilt maple top and a maple neck giving it a slightly brighter tone that cuts though. The pickups have been upgraded to GFS FAT PATs, the bridge is a Wilkinson VS50k and the tuners are Grover. I have upgraded the nut to a Graph Tech TUSQ so it plays really well. The laquer has a few dings that I have tried to photograph. I recently had the frets redressed by Peter Wilson at Steven James Guitars who has done an amazing job. It really does play fantastically - better than any PRS I have played (which I spent a bit of time doing at the North East Guitar Show!) - dont take my word for it though, come try it if you are serious about buying it.

Im looking for £300. Pickup from Stockton-on-Tees

Vintage VS6 SG copy with upgrades - £150   £130
I have owned this guitar from new. All of the hardware is Wilkinson except for the tuners which were upgraded, the pickups which have been upgraded to GFS Mean 90s (hot humbuckers sized p90s) and the scratch plate which has been upgraded to a full size SG scratch plate. The guitar is in very good condition save for a few surface scratches and a tiny ding on the neck.
Play very nicely, sounds great due to the mean 90s (great blues clean p90 tones but capable of hotter rock tones). Looking for around £150 due to upgrades

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments