Mods I have a complaint

What's Hot
frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
As you know I kept getting notifications of being mentioned in posts where it was someone else being mentioned.

1)I like the shade of blue you use, it's similar to the companies wiki pages..

2) I got fed up with it, turned off 'inform me when someone mentions me' , I still get piggin notifications for other people being mentioned by other people - if I ever was egocentric, your constant reminders that other people talk about other people has fixed that ;)

3)Also I've had to book mark Speakers Corner as it never appears in the top level list any more, I looked to see if there was a setting to pretend topics don't exist, couldn't find one.

4) I also keep having to log in on different machines as there seems to be an unwritten limit to the number of sessions that I fall foul of, is the number 3?

5) I like the new parts section
A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 28008
    1 - Great, we're going to change it soon.
    2 - Is there a pattern to whose notifications you get, or does it seem almost random?
    3 - Go here - look on the left. Have you got "All categories" or "Followed categories" selected?
    4 - There isn't a session limit as far as I know. However, there's something up with the server config in that sessions on thefretboard.co.uk don't carry over to www.thefretboard.co.uk - this is something I'm going to look at next time I'm fiddling in the guts of this monster.
    5 - Glad to hear it :)
    <space for hire>
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3871
    Parts Section needs more parts. Or more specifically, more parts that I require.

Please fix this too. Ta.

jd0272, 43, Ryton village.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    edited April 2015
    1) Great, give me a tip off and I can get the CSS guy to reskin the wiki :)

2) Random, entirely.

3) you sir are a genius, must have hit it by mistake.. :)

4) it's okay it took me a while to figure it out but I use a fair few browsers in different locations so it's expected behaviour

5) good :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FazerFazer Frets: 488
    - are all threads in the shown categories (down the left hand side), including SC if chosen to be shown, meant to show up using the http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussions link?
    No, SC threads will never show up in the Recent Discussions. That's for....reasons. Most of which involve us having to send people to the naughty step or deal with the abuse they aimed at us.

We don't like either of those things.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2768
    I get randomish notifications that someone has mentioned me.   
    It's usually (but not always) linked to an amp for sale - I once bookmarked that section and get notifications that someone has posted in that section (I need to turn that off),  so I thought it might be linked but once in a while I get mentioned in other posts.   
     It only happens every couple of weeks or so, so it's no big deal but a bit odd.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24995
    edited April 2015
    I have a complaint too.

So far J Con - the forum's latest obsession - hasn't been mentioned so far in this thread.

It's an outrage!
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    edited April 2015
    Is that J Collingridge Photographer & Scammer? Well I'll be honest, as soon as I noticed Speakers Corner was missing I did wonder if I'd bought it from him...

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    and while we're here i'll mention again about not getting email notification of the initial PM from other users, subsequent replies in the PM thread get an email notif, but not the initial one

• jd0272;596419" said:
    Parts Section needs more parts. Or more specifically, more parts that I require.

Please fix this too. Ta.

jd0272, 43, Ryton village.
    As in... Ryton on Dunsmore?
    Fazer said:
    and while we're here i'll mention again about not getting email notification of the initial PM from other users, subsequent replies in the PM thread get an email notif, but not the initial one

We're testing a new version of Vanilla - that's on my list of features to look at. It's bloody annoying.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11668
    I also have a complaint, but the ointment should clear it in a few days.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30354
    Please don't change anything, it took me ages to get used to it in its present form.
  • MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    No search box on the mobile version of the site. Other than that it's great.
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
    Fazer said:

We're testing a new version of Vanilla - that's on my list of features to look at. It's bloody annoying.
    ooh, vanilla, i love vanilla.
    i bought a load of vanilla tealights, i thought i would try and create a nicer ambiance in the evening by lighting a few candles and 'relaxing', but i can never relax with a load of naked flames around me, too paranoid they are going to leap up in the air or get knocked over and set fire to things.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5213
    scrumhalf said:
    I also have a complaint, but the ointment should clear it in a few days.
    I had a complaint, but that drummer from Dream Theater came and stole it off me, saying it was his.