Best 2x12 cab for a jcm800

riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344
Just got myself a jcm800 2203 heads, and I could do with a 2x12 to go with it l Are the current marshall 2x12's any good ? I'm not familiar with them or the g12t75 speakers .
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72644
    If you can find an original JCM800 2x12" with G12-65 speakers, that's the one to go for. They are quite rare but not impossibly so.

The 75s tend to exaggerate the 'boom and buzz', particularly the newer (post-80s without vented magnet) models, both British and Chinese-made.

The very most recent 1936s appear to have returned to ply construction - avoid older JCM2000 and JCM900 ones which are made from MDF.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344
    Thanks! Someone near me is selling a1936 with vintage 30's in , might be worth getting while I keep my eye open for a jcm800 one .
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Get the Matamp one in the classifieds that I've been eyeing up for the past few days. Fucking GREAT cabs!
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    ICBM;597476" said:
    If you can find an original JCM800 2x12" with G12-65 speakers, that's the one to go for. They are quite rare but not impossibly so.

The 75s tend to exaggerate the 'boom and buzz', particularly the newer (post-80s without vented magnet) models, both British and Chinese-made.

The very most recent 1936s appear to have returned to ply construction - avoid older JCM2000 and JCM900 ones which are made from MDF.
    Not always the case I've had two very early 900 1936 cabs that have both been ply.

For 2x12s it's hard to beat the Mesa recto and the bogner os.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72644
    Yes, the very earliest JCM900 cabs are ply. They can't have lasted very long though, almost all of them are MDF.

The same applies to the 1912 and 1922 cabs as well - only the 1960 remained ply throughout.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein