Can anyone tell me if I've got this right (wiring related)?

BeexterBeexter Frets: 644
edited April 2015 in Making & Modding

I'm looking to make a DIY version of a Boss FS-6 which is 2 momentary switches wired to a single stereo jack. However, I would like to add an additional 1/8" stereo jack so that I could also use this to control a Suhr Jack Rabbit, without having to use a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter.

Could anyone with some knowledge confirm that the following wiring diagram would/should work? I know both jacks pictured are 1/4" but it is the principle I wanted to check...I'd only want to use one output at a time, simply choosing either the 1/4" or 1/8" jack depending on what I was connecting to.image

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Question 1: Are the switches push to make or push to break?
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 644
    I believe they should be normally open ie. push to make.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74503
    You need to swap the black and red wires on both jacks. You've got the tips grounded at the moment, instead of the sleeves.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BeexterBeexter Frets: 644
    ICBM;598523" said:
    You need to swap the black and red wires on both jacks. You've got the tips grounded at the moment, instead of the sleeves.
    D'OH! Thanks for that @ICBM - school-boy error on my part - aside from that, do you think it would work?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74503
    Beexter said:
    D'OH! Thanks for that @ICBM - school-boy error on my part - aside from that, do you think it would work?
    Yes, should do. I'm not sure the FS-6 is normally-open switching though - it might be like a keyboard sustain pedal which is normally-closed. Or it may have a switch to set it either way, I can't remember.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein