knaggs acoustic? anyone tried one?

John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
I suspect it's a long shot but has anyone tried a Knaggs Kipawa acoustic?    (music radar review)

Looks nice but I'd be interested to see what anyone thinks of them.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24865
    Yes - they're pretty decent.

Tonally I'd say they sit somewhere between Taylor-like clarity and Martin style warmth.

I wasn't wild about the neck (a little narrow for a finger-style acoustic and a bit skinny, yet with too much shoulder).

For the money, I thought they were impressive.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    Yes - they're pretty decent.

Tonally I'd say they sit somewhere between Taylor-like clarity and Martin style warmth.

I wasn't wild about the neck (a little narrow for a finger-style acoustic and a bit skinny, yet with too much shoulder).

For the money, I thought they were impressive.
    Thanks - it's interesting you describe the neck as having too much shoulder, one of the attractions is the reviews talking about it having a slight V profile.      I've seen some fs very cheap, but I'm torn between my original plan of grabbing a taylor 312 or 512   or selling a couple of acoustic and looking for the lowden I've always wanted.    They do look interesting though. 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24865
    John_P;600445" said:
    it's interesting you describe the neck as having too much shoulder, one of the attractions is the reviews talking about it having a slight V profile. 
    I actually only read the review after posting and thought the same thing!

I guess there may be a degree of sample variation.

I agree with their tonal assessment though.