SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Bought!: squier m80/squier master series models

littlethoughtslittlethoughts Frets: 639
edited May 2015 in Guitars £
Anyone got one? I played one about 10 years ago and really liked it. Time might've changed that but they didn't sell that many so I've not had the chance to find out! I never tried the esprit or chambered tele but the were also rather nice looking
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Might be worth sticking this in the classifieds mate  ;)
    Stop crying, start buying
  • littlethoughtslittlethoughts Frets: 639
    edited April 2015
    @moss damn mobile site...
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2429
    edited April 2015
    I bought, then rather quickly sold, a black Esprit, possibly THE most uncomfortable guitar I've ever played, awful balance on a strap, sharp frets, stock pickups were fluffy and bland, plastic nut could have been (crafted) by M.D.Phillips himself and poor pot-metal hardware.
    But I guess the most important thing is, it LOOKED awesome...

• Sarge;601421" said:
    I bought, then rather quickly sold, a black Esprit, possibly THE most uncomfortable guitar I've ever played, awful balance on a strap, sharp frets, stock pickups were fluffy and bland, plastic nut could have been (crafted) by M.D.Phillips himself and poor pot-metal hardware.

But I guess the most important thing is, it LOOKED awesome...
    Thanks for the wisdom man, as I say I'm well aware time might've changed my opinion on the m80 but it's not too expensive to be worth a flutter... Interesting the esprit is so shit though, I had it down as a bit of an unsung classic.
    Yeah I know what you mean, it had been high on my most wanted list for years, and when one finally popped up in conjunction with appropriate finances I pulled the trigger, only to be let down on a huge scale!
    I swapped it for another guit with a pal, he had exactly the same feelings and sold it on promptly.
    Having said that, I've never had a touch on the M80, and a pal has a thinline tele which he swears is superb, I must try it sometime.
  • Sarge;601604" said:
    Yes indeed,
    I've messaged them about postage ;)

I'm glad your pal has good things to say about the tele. The m80 was sort of offset and punky. They did a set neck version but I only tried and liked the bolt on (I think it was called an m80 special). It was quite a straight forward guitar but I liked the body shape, weight and sound. Probably a bit of a rip off of another brand but had a very fender neck as well which I don't take for granted.
    You should be asking for a bit of a discount on that one imo, probably around £40 overpriced going by recent sales.
    Good luck!
  • Threadomancy! I've managed to bag an M80, review to come whenever it shows up :) (yes I'm supposed to be saving money for a house but it was a good price and I've had a few sales recently so it all comes out of paypal...)