gassage.. Kingsley Jester

thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2335
Just splurged on a v1 one.   Are they really as good as people make out?  need justification as I really shouldnt have bought this!!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9628
    Best OD ive ever had. Full damn stop.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2751
    Did you grab the one on eBay?     

At some point I must try one and see how it compares to the king of tone, I love the jouster so it would make sense to get it's lower gain buddy.
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2335

John_P said:
    Did you grab the one on eBay?     

At some point I must try one and see how it compares to the king of tone, I love the jouster so it would make sense to get it's lower gain buddy.
    indeed it was that one.  I am the ebay statistic.. ie bid on sunday evening to ease the pain of work on monday...
  • They're fantastic. I used to use one with a hiwatt stack. Sounded glorious until things started falling off the walls.... Really! They are so well made.....
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    tried it out today, very nice pedal. seems to work quite nicely with humbuckers as well as single coils.  be getting gigged tomorrow night.

what kind of settings do people use?   Can't really get a heavy overdrive sound out of from mode 3.  any suggestions?
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    Not a heavy overdrive pedal. Low to mid gain from this beast. Try boosting the mids to around 3 o'clock, roll back the bass and push the treble to 1 o'clock as a starting point.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6204
    I wouldn't worry too much if it doesn't work out for you.. I think it would shift pretty darn quick on here.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    I really like it!   I'd like to AB it against my mesa boogie bottle rocket v1 which was the pedal I was using before hand.

can get some great low/medium od tones out of the jester and like the boost (mode 1). Also running a clean boo boost pedal before it works really nicely as well. was just interested in what people did for higher gains.