Fed up of getting this wiring repeatedly wrong, and I've now added a blower switch...

I've been having grounding issues with my Agile 8 string for a while now, so I'm totally redoing the wiring, and I've now copper shielded the control cavity and backplate and soldered all the copper foil joints too.

So My initial plan was to have a killpot on the volume, coil split on the tone and a 3 way toggle for PU selection. However I have now changed the tone pot from a 500k lin push push to a 250k log push pull in an attempt to dial back the brightness of the pickups for clean or more mellow passages. 
Now I find that for the real in your face bits that they get a little indistinct, so I'd like a blower switch that just connects the pickup to the jack, bypassing the volume, tone and selector switch. 

So I have routed and fitted (rather cleanly, I'm proud of it) a on-on-on mini toggle switch to act as this blower switch. With the intention of having the middle selection as inactive. Where all controls work.
The down position as Bridge > jack and the upwards position as neck > jack.

However, I've rather run into the problem that I have next to no idea how to actually go about doing this.

I'm trying to upload some pics as we speak.
Cheers for being patient guys ;)

Tl;dr 
I'm useless at wiring and want to install a 3way blower switch. I dunno how, can you help?
'Awibble'
Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74503
    You can't do that with a double-pole on-on-on switch, sorry.

You *might* be able to with a four-pole one, but I'll need some time to try to work it out!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Bugger, in which case would it be possible to have the up position as normal operation, down position as Pickup, pickup selector and jack and then the middle position as a mute position? I'd rather not splash out on another (surprisingly expensive) switch if i can avoid it
    'Awibble'
    Hertz32 said:
    Bugger, in which case would it be possible to have the up position as normal operation, down position as Pickup, pickup selector and jack and then the middle position as a mute position?
    No, that can't be done with that switch either.

Let me see if I can work out what *is* possible, and I'll get back to you with some options.

I'm just going outside and I may be some time...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Cheers @ICBM I may be open the the idea of some kind of active boost if that was possible... 
    T hanks for putting up with this ;)
    'Awibble'
    It may help to know how an on-on-on switch works.

If you number the pins like this:

1 4
    2 5
    3 6

Then as you would expect when the switch is up, 1 is connected to 2 and 4 to 5; when it's down, 2 is connected to 3 and 5 to 6.

The trick is the middle position - the first pole doesn't move but the second does, ie 1 is connected to 2 and 5 to 6. (Which is why it's also called a 'progressive throw' switch.)

That may help you to figure out what it can and can't do! It's also probably worth Googling wiring ideas for them.

I'll be out today but I'll try to give it some thought...