SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

ETHOS Overdrive preamp (dumble) £350

What's Hot
For sale is my ethos overdrive preamp/pedal the holy grail of dumble style pedals it turns your amp into a tone monster the waiting list for these to be made is shocking to say the least and trust me its worth it, im selling this to fund a new couple of pedals to change up my rig a bit but trades and part ex are welcome if local to Accrington Lancashire or if bought cash i can post for free insured next day if you are interested call me on 07412222676 i can provide images on request as i cant seem to post them on this forum on my tablet
3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6225
    Please see the forum rules for posting in the classifieds

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16049
    this is beginning to piss me off
    tae be or not tae be
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9676
    I think, if I may say mods, we should have a post minimum before people can 'sell'... For example, on the Dr Z Forum you need 10 posts to post in the classifieds...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6225
    hootsmon;606173" said:
    this is beginning to piss me off
    Agreed ^^^
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    edited April 2015 tFB Trader
    I have to say you may be a little unfair here. A helpful pointer for him to remove the phone number would have been fine, as that's the only rule he's broken. If indeed that is a firm rule, as it says you "should not" not post a number not you "must not".

Surely we should be encouraging and helping new users, otherwise we're just going to end up selling the same stuff between ourselves.

Having said that I do agree with the idea of 10 posts before selling, to encourage people to be a part of our community, rather than just coming on to sell. I just think we can be a little more forgiving. Whilst it may be annoying, someone getting a forum classified a little wrong isn't going to affect my day really, and I wouldn't go as far as feeling the need to post to tell people how much it was pissing me off. Sorry @hootsman et al, no major disrespect meant to you all it's just how I feel.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I agree with the above in some points,

however the OP will mostly likely be checking back on here to see the comments/any interest and isn't actually responding to anything said, or contributing to the forum in any way.  He has probs just gone onto every forum/preloved/gumtree and just posted the same message on each

If i'm wrong that fine, but it would be nice to actually contribute to a forum, before trying to make your money, if not, use ebay etc
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    edited April 2015
    Agreed @4114Effects - we should be open and welcoming on here, and encourage people be a part of this place, and to join in the various, and useful, community discussions, (many regulars started by selling or reading the classifieds first) ~ so welcome @outsiderpaul86.

The reason for the rules asking for ads with no personal information is to stop that being harvested or abused on the internet, and for the sellers own protection, so I guess it is their choice.  You would hope that everyone new here reads the rules before posting, out of respect at least.

My only gripe is that all ads should be prefixed by FS or FT etc, which used to be a part of the rules before they were recently rewritten.  That is to ensure that people reading the forum from the "Recent Discussions" view can distinguish between ads and general discussions, and again is to help sellers.  The rule about marking ads as SOLD when they are is again being regularly flouted, but really helps everyone on the forum if it is respected, as does not deleting content.

If you want to go back and edit your OP @outsiderpaul86, just use the black cog icon top right of the page by the OP to go to edit.  Pictures can be a pain from a tablet or mobile on here, you really need to do it from a computer, there is a link to the guidelines at the bottom of the rules to help you.  This is a nice bit of gear ~ good luck with the sale   :)

• 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    @ChrisMusic - exactly. I must admit, the reason I came to this forum in the first place was a friend telling me it was a great place to buy and sell equipment. Then after I joined I realised it was a brilliant community with a wealth of guitar related discussions and information. I've joined several forums in the past and this is the only one I've stuck with, visiting pretty much every day.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16267
    I totally agree with @ChrisMusic and 4114Effects - why so serious ? Surely its a hobby ; We're not saving lives here !
     Personally ,I wouldn't want to join any club that would have ME as a member .........but more seriously why not welcome anybody that has something to sell or trade so long as they are honest and decent whether they want to be a forum contributor or not .......
     The main attraction to the site for 75 % of people is the classifieds - I only used the site because somebody told me it was a good place to sell -I had never heard of it before nor Have most guitarists I meet but I was curious and ended up chipping in on some other topics because I was stimulated to do so ...............however if it wasn't for the classifieds you would end up with a high proportion of boring guitar anoraks talking boring shite.....the classifieds are the lifeblood of this kind of site and new posters should be embraced not chided like naughty schoolkids and all this ten posts first crap .....I havn't got the patience for that especially if I was selling an expensive guitar - I would just say fuck it and be happy to take £150 less on ebay as I couldn 't be doing with the timewaste protocol ..........there's other stuff in life to do rather than keep a bunch of guitar nerds busy counting how many previous posts you have made before trying to sell your 50s telecaster or Travis Bean or any other interesting stuff that would otherwise be exposed elsewhere and lost to the interest of the forum......
     Perfect shot in the foot ,that idea !
  • on muffwiggler you need 100 posts to start your own Buy / sell thread. now thats forum dedication ;)
  • ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    Forum rule transgressions aside, the Ethos is a thoroughly fantastic OD pedal (although it's the Clean Channel that'll knock you out). I have one of the very first TLE models and it became completely indispensable to me within minutes of first plugging it in.  It's also a LOT more flexible than the normal Dumble / Ford / Carlton associations it's regularly been given in the past.

It's a brilliant little device - I'll be buried with mine.
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16267
    on muffwiggler you need 100 posts to start your own Buy / sell thread. now thats forum dedication ;)
    Yeah ,but that's obviously some kind of group sex forum ...............................................lol