Housing 2 pedals

Before xmas i bought some pcbs from poodle pedals ie tone 50, statoblaster,klone,one knob fuzz.
Finally getting around to build them but i fancy having a go at housing 2 in 1 enclosure, with separate footswitches but using the same input/outputs and 9v supply.
Would this be fairly simple to do?
Ie, tone 50 and klone simply wire them up to the same jack sockets and 9v supply or would the boards need connecting?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DartmoorHedgehogDartmoorHedgehog Frets: 899
    edited April 2015
    The normal way to do it would be to connect the output from one board to the input of the other one, just like if they were separate pedals with a patch cable between them.  So you'd have:
    Input Jack Socket -> Pedal A input [Pedal A board] Pedal A output -> Pedal B input [Pedal B board] Pedal B output -> Output Jack Socket.

And obviously connect the 9v power to both boards like you said.

If you always keep them in the same order that's all you need to do.  If you want to be able to reverse the order you need to rig up some fancy switching.
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1682
    Yes, I had success with two poodle parts kits, a Rangemaster and a Tonebender, in one box using the above method which worked fine.

I would say that, if you are drilling your enclosure, do be careful. If the drill catches and you end up with a wildly spinning metal box, it can be breaky fingers time.