Need some band advice

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Nah. Originals band you only need to be creative and deliver. Covers band you only need to deliver. We're lucky though as we get on great.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cbilly22cbilly22 Frets: 361
    Nope, band members don't need to be best mates. As long as you all enjoy what you do when you get together then stop worrying, I think that's a pretty normal situation.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I think it's important that you get on, otherwise things don't last. I really like the guys in my band, buts it's taken me 30 odd years to be in a band where we get on so well, yet we don't live in each other's pockets either.
    It's important that all of you get some space so you WANT to get together and play. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1298

if it's bothering you to this level - it matters to you, you want a closer relationship, which playing in a 3 man band, I can understand why.

it's all about what you all want, so someone on the board saying "yes, it's very important" or "no it's not" doesn't matter, as what matters is how it feels to you and how it impacts your enjoyment of the band or any musical aspect of the band.

It really is for one for you decide.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom