Truss rod adjusty parts

Why are some at the headstock and some at the other end?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74503
    Design choice by the builder.

More importantly, why don't all guitars have truss rods that can be removed and replaced without having to take the fingerboard off or do other major surgery to the neck? It's perfectly possible.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• WezVWezV Frets: 17501
    I used to put all mine at the body end because it made the build much easier.

I now do most at the head end because it makes life easier, but it can remove a lot of wood from the weakest point of the neck.
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    Just to confuse matters more, some even have it on the side. :-O

An instrument has to be incredibly special for me to buy it if it doesn't let me adjust the truss rod from the headstock end.
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
    Or you can do it like this - body end adjuster but doesn't require the neck off to adjust it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    I've just replaced the truss rod in a Parker P-38. I had to remove some wood at the heel around the adjuster but then the rod just slid out as it isn't anchored at the nut.

I slid the new rod in and made a nice maple plug for the end. Job done.
    I've just replaced the truss rod in a Parker P-38. I had to remove some wood at the heel around the adjuster but then the rod just slid out as it isn't anchored at the nut.

I slid the new rod in and made a nice maple plug for the end. Job done.
    Still annoying that you should need to do that. Warwick and Rickenbacker rods (for example) are removable without doing any damage at all, so if they can do it, why can't everyone else!