Does anyone here make a Wampler Pinnacle clone?

What's Hot
bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
I was considering a Wampler Pinnacle and just thought if anyone here makes a clone of this?.   
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554

I've got one pretty much built that I'm going to get around to finishing. I'm no JuanSolo though, and wouldn't build one to sell.

There is a deluxe model in the classifieds at the moment. Don't know if you've spotted it.

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/35970/fs-consolidated-list-gig-rig-wampler-providence-xotic-rothwell-tc/p1

• bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Didn't see that in the classifieds.

Paging @JuanSolo
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    Not something I'd do as a BTO I'm afraid :(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2015
    juansolo said:
    Not something I'd do as a BTO I'm afraid :(

Ah right, I'll just get the  Wampler then. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I have a bit of a thing about not building currently in production stuff to sell. There are of course all sorts of clauses in that, the circuit being a glaring clone of something else for example, but being a Wampler, that's fairly unlikely (he doesn't do many). When you see me selling stuff that's a clone like that, it's almost always a pedal I've made for myself that I'm now selling on. For example the Black 65 / Tweed 57s that are up at the moment.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    juansolo said:
    I have a bit of a thing about not building currently in production stuff to sell. There are of course all sorts of clauses in that, the circuit being a glaring clone of something else for example, but being a Wampler, that's fairly unlikely (he doesn't do many). When you see me selling stuff that's a clone like that, it's almost always a pedal I've made for myself that I'm now selling on. For example the Black 65 / Tweed 57s that are up at the moment.

I see. I thought that those pedals were ones you had made with the intention of selling. 
  • TheCountTheCount Frets: 274
    juansolo said:
    A gentleman of integrity in the effects pedal world.

Are you lost? ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2015
    juansolo said:

I see. I thought that those pedals were ones you had made with the intention of selling. 
    No, no, they're from my stash. Cleggy and I had probably knocking on 170 pedals between us and there was a lot of duplication. We decided the amount had gotten out of control so kept 20 or so each, made up a central demo stash of stuff for people to try, and the pedal purges are me selling off the duplicates.

I very, very rarely make things then sell them for that purpose. I'll make things for people, but they'll order them first. The only pedals I ever really made to sell were the Klones. Purely for capacitor money, and I don't do those any more.

This was my stash directly prior to the purge to give you an idea of the scale of my addiction:

TheCount said:
    juansolo said:
    A gentleman of integrity in the effects pedal world.

Are you lost? ;)
    ;) Totally agree that it's an area where there are few. But I know what they're having to deal with and I don't see a difference between doing cheap knock offs of say Wampler (who are a decent sized profitable company) and Thorpy, who's just starting out.

That said, the Klone thing was for my own reasons, but I mostly did those when they were not in production and also because Bill did not endear himself to the DIY community by calling us terrorists and trying to get all the DIY websites shut down, etc.

Also, I'm not trying to make a business out of it. It's all done on a hobby basis.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Yeah, Bill F comes across as a bit of a tool. I did feel sorry for him to start with but when the KTR came out he lost all my respect. Stupid design, bizarre interviews about the terrible 'cloners' etc

What people don't realise is that ktr mess is about 2hrs of work to design and you'd find the same kind of shit in most household appliances

He hypes it up every so often then probably does a couple of wire transfers,sits back until the finished product gets sent to dealers worldwide then he pockets about $200k if he sells 2000 units.

Can't really blame him, but a guy that makes a few klones for a bit of beer money isn't really the one taking the piss here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Indeed. There's a lot of history with Bill to be honest and it's not really worth getting into.
    You're right, best place to drag Bill over the coals is TGP
    :))
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom