Just got myself the NEW Tube Screamer Mini by Ibanez

What's Hot
ReaGeorgeReaGeorge Frets: 13
edited April 2015 in FX
I just managed to get my hands on the new Ibanez Tube Screamer Mini, really like the design, and of course the tone. I basically got it as a potential replacement for a DS-1 which I've been using recently, stacked with a ZenDrive, but I was never quite happy with it since it produces a little too much noise for my liking, and I'm also not fond of the buffered bypass. So the new TS Mini serves that purpose well... (until I decide to try something else ) Here's my video unboxing & demo for your viewing pleasure:
6reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22348
    Like watching a teenaged James May impersonating a Gearwire unboxing demo. Well played. 

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Does it make your feet look massive?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnonguitarjohnonguitar Frets: 1243
    I need more drugs
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    Does it make your bum look big?
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    what a horrible video
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2751
    A bit harsh chaps!         I'm not a ts user but it looks very cute.

It would be nice if you joined in with other discussion instead of only sharing your videos  (I'm reminded of the sounds great comments).     

More worrying though is the need to have your name above your laptop in case you forget ;-)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    No before clips? So we didn't get to hear what the pedal does. Odd.
    He is a lovely looking man though.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ReaGeorgeReaGeorge Frets: 13
    It's interesting how different people/communities react to content, I got a pretty good response and conversation going over on Reddit, Facebook is probably the least engaging, pretty cluttered... anywhoos....

No before clips? So we didn't get to hear what the pedal does. Odd.

Yeah another thing to add to my list of things that I missed out with this demo, I'll definitely bear that in mind for future demo's

John_P said:
    A bit harsh chaps!         I'm not a ts user but it looks very cute.

It would be nice if you joined in with other discussion instead of only sharing your videos  (I'm reminded of the sounds great comments).

Thanks John, and I shall try be more active here, I guess I tend to keep my mouth shut unless I have something useful to add to a conversation, either that or try and create my own discussions.
    I've actually just watched it, and it half bad to be fair (the video that is)

I'm vocal enough on my hate for mini pedals, so I won't comment there

But nice job on the video, maybe some before sounds. and maybe show the settings for each sound but otherwise, great demo :)
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    ReaGeorge;611227" said:
    I tend to keep my mouth shut unless I have something useful to add to a conversation, either that or try and create my own discussions.
    You'll fit in great around here then... =))
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7818
    No problems with the video except you talk too much at the start,  I don't really see the need for "unboxing" just a quick run down of the pedal /good points / gripes and some playing works for me.

Pedal sounds like a TS - big question any better then the mooer green mile? Sounds pretty similar to me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22348
    edited April 2015
    ReaGeorge said:
    It's interesting how different people/communities react to content, I got a pretty good response and conversation going over on Reddit, Facebook is probably the least engaging, pretty cluttered... anywhoos....
    It's more interesting how people justify spam. Especially when they've posted the same thing they posted here on Reddit, In The Blues, EffectsDatabase, along with their Facebook, Youtube, Instagram, and Twitter stuff. 

Eh, it's not like you've ever started a thread here and done the same thread on the same day in other forums for the purposes of spamming your string change video

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    got to get them hits to get some monies...
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Hmmmm

The nice guy in me says: He is demoing a pedal, why not share it on an FX forum 
    The cynic says: VIEWS MEAN MONEY

But what harm is to be fair, I enjoyed the video, but just a heads up @ReaGeorge... if you only come here to show your own stuff, but never contribute you will probs piss people off.  I understand Reddit is a bit different and more open, but this is much more 'community' forum (for want of a better word) and we/I don't want it to turn into a dumping ground for every demoer/shop/dealer etc.. who never actually contribute but just plug their stuff
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30319
    Too much talk at the start. Playing was quite nice.
  • johnonguitarjohnonguitar Frets: 1243
    After having slept on it I am now certain this dude needs tore to shreds for this.

Maybe spend more time on your demoing ability and less time on your Trisha-esque graphics and terrible script and people would be more accepting
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30319
    Sorry to get all personal but I'd ditch the bum fluff, you'd look older and more authoritative without it. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16010

a video of himself unboxing the tubescreamer......oh the excitement!

I have ordered some Paris buns and Eifel tower biscuits and have decided to ask the family and friends round for tea and screening

Aunt Agnes says your hair is lovely and old Hamish from number 9 wants to know if you will be doing a follow up video...."the putting the screamer back in it's box video?"

;) 

tae be or not tae be
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12972
    The last few replies will *definitely* encourage him to stick around and contribute more in future. Honest.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16010
    how does more viewing equate to money.........how do you get money from having loads of hits....who pays you it?
    tae be or not tae be