Whats the most fun/creative pedal you own?

What's Hot

Comments

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22348
    GavHaus said:
    I'll be clear; presented with the same set of pedals (I own some of them anyway) I would not be making the same set of loops as Juan, but at least it's not A N Other blues riff. I wouldn't choose to listen to either, but I'd rather listen to / watch this...and a lot of his pedal demo videos are a good watch.
    Yes. He has recorded an absolute shitter here though. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7227
    Sorry, I couldn't hear you over the static... What was that?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    I was hoping to be able to say the TWA Great Divide 2.0 but unfortunately the used one I purchased never showed up! The seller has refunded me as strangely it got returned to him in the US as it got rejected from customs. He'd lost the tracking code apparently so I couldn't check online if this was correct (I did point out it should be on the label on the parcel that he now has in his possession though).

Oh well back to the search for another Great Divide I guess!

So back to the thread.....
    I'd probably say one of the most fun pedals I have is the Walrus Audio Janus. The joystick controls open up many evenings of tinkering for endless enjoyment and weirdness.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510

First post! Yes!

I don't own this pedal, but I have used a Boss PS-3 in the past and some of the sounds it created made me weep with tears of joy. Anyone know of any other pedals just like this? They get snapped up quite quickly on eBay.

I would also love to get my hands on the Rainbow Machine just for dicking around.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30319
    Don't know about creative but the Fuzz Factory can be a lot of fun.
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7227
    Dopesick said:

First post! Yes!

I don't own this pedal, but I have used a Boss PS-3 in the past and some of the sounds it created made me weep with tears of joy. Anyone know of any other pedals just like this? They get snapped up quite quickly on eBay.

I would also love to get my hands on the Rainbow Machine just for dicking around.

quite a lot of what is stuck on my board
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    GavHaus said:
    Dopesick said:

First post! Yes!

quite a lot of what is stuck on my board
    Care to share some of these pristine gadgets?
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7860
    nickb_boy said:
    I was hoping to be able to say the TWA Great Divide 2.0 but unfortunately the used one I purchased never showed up! The seller has refunded me as strangely it got returned to him in the US as it got rejected from customs. He'd lost the tracking code apparently so I couldn't check online if this was correct (I did point out it should be on the label on the parcel that he now has in his possession though).

Oh well back to the search for another Great Divide I guess!

So back to the thread.....
    I'd probably say one of the most fun pedals I have is the Walrus Audio Janus. The joystick controls open up many evenings of tinkering for endless enjoyment and weirdness.
    I should avoid these threads as now I want a TWA Great Divide 2.0 too!
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16211
    cant beat that Strymon Deco
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4615
    edited April 2015
    Noooooooo @dopesick, don't set him off...

@nickb_boy I've always thought the Janus looked fantastic,  can you move t'joysticks with your feet whilst playing?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    Noooooooo @dopesick, don't set him off...

@nickb_boy I've always thought the Janus looked fantastic,  can you move t'joysticks with your feet whilst playing?
    If you use the @Lew bare foot approach at home then the joystick twiddling can be done with your toes! I tend to put stuff down in a loop then fiddle by hand with the settings to get some cool sounds. Wouldn't fancy using it live as the controls would be pretty easily knocked by my feet no doubt while accessing other pedals, but for home fun it is incredible!

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    GavHaus said:
    thats a great board for blues tones
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9629
    edited April 2015
    Lew said:
    @Wazmeister Warren! Sometimes I wonder about you and your tastes! You like the weird noise boxes but dont like weird noise textures and sound on sound!

I saw the Juan Coffee and Riffs earlier and thought it was ace.

For me it's the Fairfield Maude with an expression pedal. Love that pedal so much. On another day it could easily be the Walrus Descent.

Lew, I LOVE sound on sound and weird pedals... however, I am a little bit old fashioned in that I occasionally like the old bit of melody and tune to issue forth from them thar pedals...

Here is MY latest fix for the weird and wonderful;

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Lew said:
    please invest @Lew for your next pedal demo. I will even contribute 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4615
    Now you see toes freak me out. If you ever feel the need to torture me, head for the skin between my toes. but i will try to drive a fork into your head if you do.
    (moved to off topic)

Edit. This place should have a Best Place to Torture Me section
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    @DesVegas it's called classifieds!

@meltedbuzzbox they are like £100!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Lew said:
    @DesVegas it's called classifieds!

@meltedbuzzbox they are like £100!
    socks it is motherfucker :-P
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    I do like the look of these ones. They looks like a pair that some one in the movie Warriors might wear.

http://www.fushi.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/2cf5bf0d12b397eb7578d946a9ee780e/y/t/ytoentlrblk_1_4.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom