SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Vocalist and Drummer needed for unusual 3 piece - Stockport/Manchester

Hi,

I've been somewhat spamming the boards lately with various posts about a new project I'm looking to set up.

I have a ridiculous notion in my head of a 3 piece without a bass player. Just single guitar, drums and vocals.
Big, fuzzy, octaver-equipped single guitar, mind ;)

I guess Royal Blood (despite having no guitar), Deap Vally and the White Stripes are obvious comparisons. I love those bands so yes, but also with some more classic influences from my old 2 guitar days - GnR, Foos etc and with some of the heavy, grungey riffs of Sabbath and Alice in Chains. 

I just can't shake the thought that this could be awesome and a lot of fun.

If you can hit things with sticks or use your voice - let me know :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    edited May 2015
    Can't help you with band members but thought I'd suggest checking out Drenge - based on what you've said above they'll be right up your street. Grungy, riffy guitar and drums two piece. They're ace!
  • Cheers for the suggestions man - I'll take a look
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
    Heard Drenge a few times on 6 Music. Decent.
    I like this idea @jake_the_pake, had a similar one myself recently.
  • Cheers @DiscoStu - just need to find some members now!
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    Did monitors for them last year when they came through one of the venues I work.  Cracking noise for a two piece, nice lads too.  There's definitely something to be said for the freedom of just two of you rocking out!
  • That's my thinking!