SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Cornish G2 Overdrive & Fuzz Clone - Big Price Drop for Quick Sale

steveyraffsteveyraff Frets: 17
edited May 2015 in FX £
Hey all. 

I've a few local music stores selling these for £200. I've two units left over and in my personal possession which I need a quick sale on - I've no need for them and already keep a 3rd on my own pedalboard. 

Open to any to offers - £150 for immediate purchase with free postage for any board members. 

Here is a video demo:

Pics and Description Below. But I am sure many of you here on The Fretboard are well familiar with these pedals and all about them. 

[b]Finally - here is the product description:[/b]

This hand made overdrive is a hot-rodded, modified version of the famous Pete Cornish G-2 Overdrive; the original of which was used by Dave Gilmour and others. The original G-2 is not available in shops and costs almost £500 to order. 

The circuitry of the original is loosely based on that of the well known Muff overdrive series. This particular pedal's circuitry includes additional modifications to further max out all control ranges - allowing for wider tonal sweep and slightly increased gain, further maximising versatility. Hand soldered/wired. The circuitry's clipping sections are all upgraded with high quality Schottky BAT41 diodes (Hence the name, Bat-Drive). It also includes Panasonic and Greencap audio grade capacitors along with specially selected transistors. 

Hand buffed, drilled, painted and lacquered aluminium enclosure with my own self-designed graphics. 

Sounds & Operation:

Flight - This is a gain control which also unlocks the pedals impressive sustain capabilities. At higher settings notes can ring out for extremely long periods of time. 

Night/Day - This is a highly versatile tone control which allows you to access the large range of sounds the Bat-Drive has on offer. Full 'Day' settings allows for a natural, open sound with a little bit of added brightness and treble tightening. Higher gain settings at full 'Day' will give you modern rock rhythm and lead sounds. Closer to the 12 O'clock position, you can access vintage 70's style rock tones - Dark jazz and blues tones at lower gain. Full 'Night' settings allows you to access a darkness not commonly found in most Overdrives pedals. At lower gain settings this can give you gnarly, garage rock sounds reminiscent of White Stripes, Black Keys etc. At higher gain settings on a bridge single-coil; the 'Night' setting will give you a rolled-off tone sound akin to the Dark Side Of The Moon, Gilmour lead tone. 

Experiment with more extreme settings - Turn the 'Flight' control up full, go full 'Night', then flip to a neck hum-bucker for grungy Stoner Rock and Sludge Metal. 

Volume - This will need to be adjusted accordingly to your 'Flight' gain settings, and amplifier volume. With high 'Flight' settings, the volume will need to be rolled back to match the bypassed signal. There is also a lot of extra volume on tap so that this pedal may be used as a boost or amp driver, depending on the application. 

Thanks for your time.
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• steveyraffsteveyraff Frets: 17
    edited May 2015
    One sold to a fellow Fretboard member - still one more left and open to offers. 

PM me an offer if interested. 

Cheers. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Weekend bump. One gone, one still left. Keen for a quick sale. Cheers.
    One still for sale. 
    bump.
    Weekend bump. One still left. Looking for a quick sale on this.  :)

PM me an offer if interested - cheers!
    Still one left! 
    Weekend bump. PM me with an offer. Needs to go. 
    Sunday bumpage. 
    Weekend Bump!  -  Last one left - Boxed and ready to go to the next offer. Free postage to Fretboard members. 

Cheers!

Bump.
    Anyone interested PM me with an offer - Try me,  keen to move this one on.