New EVH / MXR Products - let's speculate!

What's Hot
bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
In the latest Guitar World EVH interview they said this:

"Even in the midst of releasing a live album and rehearsing for a tour, Ed is working on several exciting new products with EVH and MXR/Dunlop that will be introduced later this year or early next year."

So, what do you reckon these products will be?  I'm hoping for an MXR EVH EQ pedal.  He may also release his signature Dunlop Max Grip nylon picks to be more widely available.  You can already buy these on the evhgear.com website but I'm guessing they will make them available for wider release.  

He already has pretty much everything else you can think of so, apart from the EQ pedal, I'm not sure what else he could release.  Maybe a chorus pedal or some sort of a detune pedal like he used his Eventide for....?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Is it going to be a standard pedal with a new paint job?

If not a drive pedal gets my vote!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • My money is on a pedal that degrades your singer's vocals to sound like Sammy Hagar.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Or even worse to sound like dave lee roth

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    joeyowen said:
    Is it going to be a standard pedal with a new paint job?

If not a drive pedal gets my vote!
    Oh, I could do with another drive pedal, especially one with a different paint scheme. If those red/black and white stripes give another gain stage, I'm in.
    :D

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Not sure Eddie about the drive pedal. Unless they do a plexy voiced pedal or something. He also used the MXR micro amp sometimes during the 1984 era so that might be another option.
  • SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 721
    edited May 2015
    Or even worse to sound like dave lee roth

You take that back now ... DLR is a god! Hagar ... Acceptable (better in chickenfoot)
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 887
    I am also hoping it`s a vocal auto tune (like TC Mic mechanic) - they could call it the `MXR Ego Management`

I love VH to bits - all periods inc VH3 - but can't bring myself to buy the new live album because of the vocals................ :-(

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5167
    Analogue or tape simulating delay with a "Cathedral" button?

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 721
    I'm surprised there hasn't been an EVH eq pedal to be honest - I used to chase Eddie's tone and that thing used to be the "missing link" as far as I was concerned.

To be fair though, there's lots of conflicting info on his sound, but I do know that it used to help massively. I'd use "half a frowning face" pattern on the bass side pre amplifier.

It's not really the way he used it though (I think), so perhaps not one for the purests. 

Analogue or tape simulating delay with a "Cathedral" button?

Ohh there's an idea! 
    I'm surprised there hasn't been an EVH eq pedal to be honest - I used to chase Eddie's tone and that thing used to be the "missing link" as far as I was concerned.

To be fair though, there's lots of conflicting info on his sound, but I do know that it used to help massively. I'd use "half a frowning face" pattern on the bass side pre amplifier.

It's not really the way he used it though (I think), so perhaps not one for the purests. 

AFAIK he used it like a mid boost in the frowning face shape. 
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Signature version of the Echoplex preamp?
    Stop crying, start buying
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dunstanmusdunstanmus Frets: 91
    His EVH gear is a new EL34 amp in line with the early albums which could be really cool.
    dunstanmus;617501" said:
    His EVH gear is a new EL34 amp in line with the early albums which could be really cool.
    Yeah that's the Fender EVH IIIS or something. These are most likely new pedals.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5020
    Maybe he should do a signature maxon pickup?