Tiny terror - boosted

timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
So I'm after terror knowledge! I know these forums have their fair share of haters for the tiny terror but how do people find them when boosted? What are players boosting with? Just interested in hearing real world thoughts before I drop the wallet on a dark terror.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1397
    they are great for boosting! its the kind of amp that you take to a hefty crunch and then use pedals to take it over the top. I've used all sorts with mine. mxd micro amp, boss sd1. ts, trex modeller was always great tho.
    also I had mine modded with an fx loop which worked well for boosts but 99% of the time I just went into the front
    How very rock and roll
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    edited April 2015
    I'm thinking of having an all boss, nano board to go with it. Sd1, tu3 and ns2. Mass production rig!
    whats the noise suppressor for? I mean apart from suppressing noise? if thats all you have on your board it seems like it'd be a bit redundant? tiny terros can hiss a bit at high levels but that could be a far more interesting pedal on your board! ;-)

How very rock and roll
    although i wholeheartedly love the idea of mass production rig! 
    How very rock and roll
    Na2 just because I like what it does to the tone, keeps those chugz tight and aggressive
    ah fair enough if you're chugging i guess! seriously though, get a terror!
    How very rock and roll
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3597
    The TT is fine in the mid crunch/OD stages of drive. It seriously lacks dynamics when pushed really hard (as you'd expect) and doesn't do clean very loud at all. Because of the compression when driven the Volume boost available in nominal and may be critical if you expect your lead line to pop out of the mix.

I've said before how I loved mine but lack of versatility was it's downfall for the varied work I had in mind.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72903
    ESBlonde said:
    The TT is fine in the mid crunch/OD stages of drive. It seriously lacks dynamics when pushed really hard (as you'd expect) and doesn't do clean very loud at all.
    This is what I found the only time I've tried one at band volume. It couldn't do a good clear clean at all, and was already too compressed and muddy really, even without external drive pedals. Admittedly the only pedals I tried were fuzz, distortion and heavier fuzz-distortion, but any of them turned it from barely usable into totally unusable - just saturated midrange mush as soon as the amp was pushed into overdrive.

Went back to using the old Valvestate 100 in the same room and was much happier :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Use an SHO with mine and it sounds great. I know a lot of people who swear by the MXR microamp with theirs.

To be clear are you talking about achieving a gain boost or a volume boost for solos?
    John_BlackWolf;617520" said:
    Use an SHO with mine and it sounds great. I know a lot of people who swear by the MXR microamp with theirs.

To be clear are you talking about achieving a gain boost or a volume boost for solos?
    Boosting for that tighter bass and extra attack. I don't do solos!