A pedal I'd like to see...

Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
Maybe this already exists, I dunno... but...

A filterbox that can do phasers and wah sounds. But here's the rub. One knob controls the minimum value, and one knob controls the maximum value, and one knob controls the time to sweep between the two, and another controls whether it sweeps exponentially, linearly, or logarithmically. Then a mode switch, although I'm not 100% sure what this should do yet.

So. You have a single footswitch... you hit it once, and the filter activates, sweeps from the minimum value to the maximum value, according to your curve. Once it does the sweep, the effect deactivates.

Modes:
Min > Max sweep
Max > Min sweep
Min > Max > Min oscillation (HOLD mode - where it sweeps between the two values until you let go of the switch, once you let go it continues in the direction it was heading in, and then the effect is bypassed)

Thinking from a live perspective. Vocalists who also have to play guitar, who want to do crazy sweep effects without the hassle of messing around with a wah pedal whilst singing.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Linn Adrenalinn III , fcb1010 and a full licenced copy of soundtower?
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7300
    I think I can program my GT-10 to do sweep on pedal press but not sure if I could get it to deactivate at the end of the sweep.

Are you now planning on singing?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    frankus said:
    Linn Adrenalinn III , fcb1010 and a full licenced copy of soundtower?
    What is soundtower?
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I think I can program my GT-10 to do sweep on pedal press but not sure if I could get it to deactivate at the end of the sweep.

Yeah I don't think on the GT-10 you can make it deactivate.

Are you now planning on singing?
    I'm trying my best! Not sure I'm ready yet. But it's one of the things I've been mulling - if I do it... how am I going to cope with the effects switching stuff? Just go over to a multi-fx based system er.. AGAIN... ???
  • DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
    You could probably get pretty close with a Zoom box with expression pedal, of course you would have to do the sweep manually with the pedal.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay