Calling All Axe FX II Users In S.E. Area!!

JazzPartyHatsJazzPartyHats Frets: 32
Right, bit of a favour to ask of you axe fx ii toting, fretboard forumites!!

I'm currently stuck in the middle of the modern guitarists, digital dilemma: Kemper or Axe Fx?

Now, Ive had a good go on a mates kemper even made a few profiles of my current amps and Im dead impressed but, I haven't been able to source an axe fx ii to try. So, if there are any axe fx ii users out there who would be happy to show off their magic black box and happen to be in the Kent/Sussex/London area, I would be most grateful for your help!!

Shoot me a pm or reply to thread if you'd be happy to host, or pop over to mine (Kent) for half hour or so :)

Cheers

Mike

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 854
    edited May 2015
    Exact Location?

Im actually up in Nottingham - but I have a large "work" area.  If a daytime is suitable it may be possible to do a mid day type demo/trial.  

I dont get as far down as London but its all relative.  I suspect your to south for rme, but you never know.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17814
    tFB Trader
    I've got the opposite issue that I currently have access to an AxeFX and would really like to try a Kemper!

I'm Suffolk / Cambridge based. 
  • I'm Portsmouth area - just got an Axe FX 2XL - you're welcome to come give it a spin.
  • @paulmapp8306 Yep, Im just bit further south than London so might be a bit of a treck!!

@monquixote Is it an axe ii you have? Pm me your address, might be able to sort something out :)

@MatthewShreddery Sounds promising!! Pm me your address mate

Thanks chaps, appreciate the help!!

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17814
    tFB Trader
    @paulmapp8306 Yep, Im just bit further south than London so might be a bit of a treck!!

@monquixote Is it an axe ii you have? Pm me your address, might be able to sort something out :)

@MatthewShreddery Sounds promising!! Pm me your address mate

Thanks chaps, appreciate the help!!

I'm currently borrowing an Axe Ultra for evaluation purposes. 
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 854
    edited May 2015
    @moniquitexe

The AFX Ultra is good.  The 2 (and XL etc) are better.  The modelling has come on a little in response.  Its more open and needs much less, if any, tuning to get great tones.  The Ultra just ran out of juice to get where cliff was going.  If the Ultra is decent for you, you'll love the 2.  If you cant get on with the interface/programming of the Ultra - you wont get on with the 2 either.

fWIW, Cambridge is possibly within my daytime demo area.  I have customers to visit in Peterborough, Northampton and Wellingborough.
  • I'm currently borrowing an Axe Ultra for evaluation purposes. 
    Ideally I'd like to try the axe ii with latest firmware just to give it a fair crack. Appreciate the help though bud.