Anyone fancy taking a look at something in Logic X for me?

What's Hot
I've recorded an instrumental of Radio Gaga using Logic X and the guitar sounds pretty bad in it.  I only have an iPad to record my guitar with and I know this isn't ideal.  I'm using JamUp Pro and all the backing sounds are from a midi file.  

If anyone wants to take a listen then please PM me and I will send you the link for the Logic file.  The reason I'm not posting the file here is because I don't want people just downloading for the sake of being nosy and then not offering any help or constructive comments.  

Thanks.  
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    before asking to hear it, can I ask what the goal is here ?

what exactly are you trying to do, what's your end game, do you just want your guitar to sound good over a midi track, or are you trying to do a good recording of Radio Ga Ga ? 

whats the end goal, what are the specific problems (bit more than guitar sounds pretty bad).
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    I want my guitar to sound better. I'm guessing fiddling with the EQ can fix it but I just can't get it right myself.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4190
    First thing I'd do is find a cheap interface for Logic X, something like a Line 6 Toneport etc and then get Positive Grid Bias , job done
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7810
    This, except I would use S-gear.
    sweepy said:
    First thing I'd do is find a cheap interface for Logic X, something like a Line 6 Toneport etc and then get Positive Grid Bias , job done

but, but Bias has saggy transformers ;)
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    sweepy said:
    but, but Bias has saggy transformers ;)
    Bias is good but it's very hard to find a sweet spot IMO.  I recorded another track with Mobile POD on the iPad and found the tone much better.  Sure it's not great but still better than what I got in Bias.  
    S Gear is a no no for those of us with new MacBook Pro's as it uses an iLok ,I use my 2 x USB 3.0 ports for an external drive and the other for the midi interfaces
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22207
    sweepy said:
    S Gear is a no no for those of us with new MacBook Pro's as it uses an iLok ,I use my 2 x USB 3.0 ports for an external drive and the other for the midi interfaces
    It also offers a machine locked licence. I'd go iLok as I muck about with my machine regularly but I imagine most Mac owners won't be tinkering that often.