The Jettenuator has Landed

thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9963
A man arrived at my workplace earlier with a large package, ooh er, meaning that the Jettenuator I ordered on bank holiday Monday has already found its way to me (impressive service).

I shall be sure to record a video when I get home showing my preferred method of unboxing it. Aka opening it, silly word that is - unboxing.

The intention initially is to use it to crank my Fender Pro Junior for some gain and power amp distortion and tame it back down to bedroom volumes, hopefully reducing at the same time the very slightly annoying hiss ratio. In time I would also like to experiment with it as a dummy load so as to add reverb to it when feeding to a mixer etc, or also if I get to play live I can use the amp sound as a monitor and reinforce it to the mixing desk with the emulated DI output.

I'll let y'all know how it goes
Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31795
    I have one and it works very well. It does cut a little treble but that may be no bad thing on a Pro Junior, so it should tame the hiss a little too.

As far as using the Pro Jr as a personal monitor while sending an emulated out to the desk is concerned, yes it does work, but bear in mind that the Jettenuator drops 3dB as soon as you plug it in, so your amp may no longer be loud enough without external monitoring help.

However you use it it's a handy tool to have around the house for that price - I often use mine for running my gigging amps hard at home to test them after mods or repairs.
  • Marktigere1Marktigere1 Frets: 101
    Was using mine with a JCA22H at the weekend.

Running on 5-6 on master for each channel and when finished (couple of hours later) the box was very warm indeed (all that wattage soaked up as heat).

Was trying out a new guitar and to be honest, slightly preferred the unattenuated sound so it does have a minor effect on tone.

Great bit of kit though and some recording I have done with the line out has been excellent.