Anybody watch Person of Interest?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1793
    I'm totally lost where I'm at with episodes - it seems very sporadically shown on Channel 5, I thought I was near the end of a series but never saw the end  :(
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24864
    Searies 1,2,3 are on Netflix.

4 was on telly last year. No sign of 5 yet.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Crawling through s02 at the minute. Like it but again, I was told by a pal to stick with it because it ramps up soon....
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27086
    Crawling through s02 at the minute. Like it but again, I was told by a pal to stick with it because it ramps up soon....
    It really does. I think S02 has a couple of threads (nearly-story-arcs, actually) which - from memory - go absolutely nowhere. S03 starts slowly, but it all starts to expand pretty quickly after that.
    <space for hire>
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11758
    tFB Trader
    It's been my favourite show for years. 
    Sad that we are in the last season, but better to end it with a sensible conclusion than let it go on and on like Lost did. 

I have had to turn to sites like Couchtuner, Watchseriesonline, or Tunemovies to keep up with it as Channel 5 have been way too sporadic to follow the series.

3 more episodes to go now  till it's conclusion (think I'll be as sad as I was when Breaking Bad ended)

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2178

I think I got up to season 3 or 4, seemed to fall off for me. But I'll give it another crack.:)

I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    Well, that's all folks.

Great last episode, although the way they got to the last couple of minutes could've been done more interestingly, it made enough sense in the continuity of the show that it worked.

Was reading an interview with the show's creators (don't do that if you haven't seen the last episode yet, because MAJOR SPOILERS), and the most interesting non-spoiler thing was that they considered a spinoff from Control's perspective. Somewhat sensibly, they decided against it "...because a spinoff usually results in two diminished shows rather than one complete show".
    <space for hire>
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 473

Decent enough ending.

The last few eps though seemed to bring back people from previous series who I had completely forgot about so didn't really do that much for me.

View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11758
    tFB Trader
    I enjoyed it - but have loved the entire Series so much that any closing chapter was always going to be difficult.
    Yes it veered towards sentimentality a lot but don't know what else they could have done.
    Greer ended up being more of an idealist (although misguided) than I had expected.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

Greer ended up being more of an idealist (although misguided) than I had expected.
    I think that's kind of the point - both the Machine and Samaritan could be viewed as good guys or bad guys if you shift your perspective a bit; the only difference between them is that Samaritan had an expanded scope and planned further ahead. 

Finch in particular seemed to be on an epic slide to the dark side in the last two or three episodes, I thought.
    <space for hire>
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3675
    Considering they had to compress 2 series into 13 episodes, I think they finished it off as well as could be expected. It was a decent enough series and, as long as you got past the stupid gunplay, it really explored some fairly deep ideas on the points of human free will and the fact that our development of technology has massively outpaced our ability to legislate and control its capabilites.