System of a Down

thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
Always liked this band. Just listening to their best of on youtube - very musical, really love it.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8497
    My favourite SOAD fact; their frontman was the CEO of a software company before finding fame with the band, I think they did stock control programs or something like that.
  • DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
    I like a lot of their live videos on youtube.  

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• prh777prh777 Frets: 143
    they have some great  groove  going on esp. the drummer.  We play a couple of their tunes and if you really want to learn how to play tight rhythms you should learn BYOB, toxicity and Chop Suey.  I use them as a warm up to get keyed into playing with drums.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4633
    System are super great, the guitarist is mental!

• XWulfhereXWulfhere Frets: 416
    I remember listening to their debut album when I was at uni in 1998. Although its totally not my kind of music, my mate used to play itin his car everyday as we drove from Stoke to Stafford and we all ended up really liking it. I especially love 'Sugar' thats a bloody excellent tune. We learned all the words to it!
    And you know what else? Those safety lids on bottles of sanatogen. There I am trying to get the lid off and along comes my six year old and says "there you are daddy" and it's off in a Jiffy. Someone's gonna get hurt.