How can car drivers be so stupid...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4316
    edited October 2013
    Rocker said:
    I mean using their mobile phone while driving!  In Ireland it is against the law, thus accumulates penalty points, but you see it everywhere.  Even worse [aka more stupid] is the practice of holding the phone against the left ear with the right hand.  And at the same time negotiating a right turn or roundabout, simply defies logic and common sense.  I believe there are idiots who text while driving.  Is this a purely Irish problem of is it more widespread? 
    You need to travel more widely and then you'll see the perspective better.

Greek bus driver on windy mountain road with sheer drops off to one side. He's got a frappé and a fag on the go in his right hand, with his mobile in the cruck of his neck up to his left ear. Then he takes the phone left dials someone else all the while steering with his knees or his right hand whilst clutching said frappé and fag.

We survived but it was interesting. Not one passenger said anything, they were all Greeks. I have to say though they are much more considerate drivers than us lot, we are always in too much of a hurry. If you amble across the road they will slow to let you cross and never sound the horn to get people out of the way. Generally just more accommodating of pedestrians.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4316
    boogieman said:

Could be worse.......

Man carrying a 4foot by two foot sheet of glass under his arm on a Honda 50 in Greece. So many times I wish I'd had a camera poised and ready, I've seen dozens of similarly daft stuff on mopeds in Greece.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    edited October 2013
    I've seen a bloke having a shave whilst driving on the motorway, using his rear view mirror to see what he was doing with the razor.

Women doing their make up is also a common sight.

• randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited October 2013
    I was once driving by the Oval in London and saw a woman in a Mini Cooper with a Great Dane sat on the passenger seat, leaning right across her AND she was doing her make-up in the mirror. 
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73076

Women doing their make up is also a common sight.
    I was once sitting on the back seat of a double decker bus which had come up to some traffic lights - the bus was actually stopped at this point, and suddenly there was a huge bang below me... I looked out of the back window and there was a very smashed up car with a woman sitting looking shocked and still holding her make-up :).

I'd love to have seen her explanation for that.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein