Belated NGDs

GruGru Frets: 339
edited May 2015 in Acoustics
I don't often put purchases up on here, however I thought this time I would.

Both came courtesy of Peach Guitars and I am over the moon with both. Many thanks to the guys there when I initially went in and Jeff who I had the pleasure of dealing with both times when making the purchases.

The first I have been looking at for some time, an OMXAE. I wanted a larger guitar than my LXM to be a more all rounder, better for picking hence the 1 3/4 nut and 2 1/8 string spacing.

I had a good demo and really liked it, but was unsure (partly due to picking up a GS Mini, which threw me with its very different sound), so initially left it behind, but after pondering over it that night I went back the following day and made the purchase.

The second was a little unexpected. After seeing Ed Sheeran earlier this year I stumbled across the news that a 2nd Signature was going to be released. I have been a big fan of my LXM, which I purchased after missing out on the first run (now going for silly money). As soon as the pre-order went up, I decided to pop over to Peach's web page and pay the deposit.

I think they were due to land on our shores around July so I was slightly suprised when I recieved an email from Peach saying it was in a couple of weeks ago. The gas fund was short as I wasn't quite ready for it, but thankfully, I have a great wife. I think my purchases are done for this year. :-)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    I like the simplicity of the second guitar but those Xs everywhere are really weird, not too sure what to make of them.
    Glad you're happy with them though.
  • GruGru Frets: 339
    edited May 2015
    The Xs do take a little getting used to and I was also unsure at first as the normal richlite boards are plain, but they have grown on me.

This guitar will always remind me of a wonderful weekend with my wife every time I look at/pick it up/play it.

The LX1E is only my 4th acoustic in about 18 years, and my first venture into solid tops. I do now appreciate what it adds to the guitar. That being said the OMAXE is very smooth and balanced, no bloated low end or harsh treble, a very pleasing sound (to my ears at least)

Lastly, two fingers up to photobucket and welcome tinypic :-)