Roland Blues Cube and Orange Crush Pro

HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9793
edited May 2015 in Amps
Although I've yet to try either, I'm liking the idea of SS amps that have ditched the onboard effects, have better quality components than the average bedroom/practice amp, have an effects loop, and don't try to be all things to all people. Whether people will get on board with this remains to be seen but to me it seems a more sensible approach than trying to cram loads of amp models and effects into the same box. However I guess that's not really what they're competing against - it's really an alternative to valves and I guess there are many purists who Orange, Roland, etc would still have to convince.
I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2339
    used the orange at a few gigs/rehearals, and its a  nice amp, liked the clean sound and the drive channel is great.  Also takes pedals well.  Could quite happily gig it.

I was very excited by the blues cube, but the pricing seems excessive, reports haven't been great, and that plug in tone block thingy has really put me off although I'd still like to try one.

quilter look very very good, and I am probably going to buy one of the aviator's.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom