End pin fitting cost

BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 769
What's the average cost to fit an end pin jack to an acoustic (say for an LR Baggs type pickup/transducer) ?
Thanks in advance.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4214
    I'd have thought £40 or so inc endpin socket,its not difficult, though some people baulk at attacking a prize acoustic with the Black and Decker ;)
  • BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 769
    sweepy said:
    I'd have thought £40 or so inc endpin socket,its not difficult, though some people baulk at attacking a prize acoustic with the Black and Decker ;)
    Thanks, if you saw my woodworking skills you'd see why I need someone else to do it : >
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    sweepy said:
    Or even a reamer..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73015
    It should be less than £40 unless you're having it done via a large shop with overheads where there will be a minimum charge of around that usually. It's about five to ten minutes work, depending on whether the cable is pre-attached to the jack (it is with most of the common magnetic pickups) or needs soldering.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4214
    Very true ICBM its not a bad little job, the socket costs about £7 and usually a shop will scam a new set of strings etc, thats why I said £40 or so