Comments

• markslade07markslade07 Frets: 842
    Lovely looking collection. I'll take the Goldtop, ta!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Panama_Jack666Panama_Jack666 Frets: 2999
    Lovely looking collection. I'll take the Goldtop, ta!
    That's exactly what I said when I saw it first! Great example of an R7!

Nice!

I love Junior's. Not in the Operation Yewtree sense of the word...

One day, I'll have a Junior of my own!

Melody maker is lovely an' all!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2476
    edited May 2015
    Uploaded with Imgupr Ignore the two on the left! Uploaded with Imgupr Uploaded with Imgupr Uploaded with ImguprUploaded with Imgupr
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mr_airmr_air Frets: 24
    Some nice family shots so far. This thread makes me realize (again) how a really "need" a junior.
  • BluesDeluxeBluesDeluxe Frets: 80
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @bluesdeluxe you owe me a new pair of pants.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3705
    My two and an intruder....

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    @Panama_Jack666 nice little family you have there. Tell me about your SG. It's a Special, right? (no neck binding). Body looks like mine, but with far less dings in it. How old?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    edited May 2015
    @Panama_Jack666 nice little family you have there. Tell me about your SG. It's a Special, right? (no neck binding). Body looks like mine, but with far less dings in it. How old?
    Cheers! It's missing a Junior and a 335 though!

Yeah, Special. Me latest aquisition! Obviously it's the cheapest of me trio but it plays nice and has a nice chubby neck (obviously not 57' GT chubby but it's still got a bit of girth to it).

It's a 2012 model. It does have a few marks on it but nothing too bad. It belonged to my bassist and he gigged it a few times. I've put the pickup cover on it. I'm gonna mod it to hell and back.

I've only paid 200 quid for it... so! I think I can justify a refinish, maybe in white or pelham blue? P-90's. Bigsby perhaps? Gonna Peter Green the pickups soon. I had that on and old Les Paul and I miss the sound! Don't really wanna do it to my Les or 339 though as I use those middle positions for gigging.
    I can see why you'd want to extend your family. :) ATM I'm missing a 175 and a 330 but if money were no object I'd add a V and probably others too ...

IMO (and this is purely subjective) I rather like the walnut finish and wouldn't change it for anything. Neither would I change the pickups if what's in there works (mine had fizzy DiMarzio Super Distortions in so they got replaced with SDs). I certainly wouldn't spoil it with a Bigsby.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4307
    Mine's an only child.. Recently acquired 2013 R9. It's Bourbon Burst. Looks bit less flamey in the flesh, and quite a bit darker. Not much over 8lbs, and sounds bloody marvelous! Don't tend to get on with LP's really, but this is winning me over.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I can see why you'd want to extend your family. :) ATM I'm missing a 175 and a 330 but if money were no object I'd add a V and probably others too ...

IMO (and this is purely subjective) I rather like the walnut finish and wouldn't change it for anything. Neither would I change the pickups if what's in there works (mine had fizzy DiMarzio Super Distortions in so they got replaced with SDs). I certainly wouldn't spoil it with a Bigsby.
    Oh yeah, I'd love a 175! And a 330! And an R8. And a R9. And a 61 RI SG. Ha! The list is endless!

I've owned it a week and not plugged it in yet belive it or not. Got a rehersal tonight so it's going to get a leg strech through a loud amp. Will assess then!

As for the Bigsby, I thought they were blasphemous too but admitedly, they're good for rockerbilly type stuff and I have a gig coming up that may require that! I'd much rather get a maestro than a bigsby on it I think...

I'm a traditionalist with colours but I'd like me SG to be unique. If only I could find someone to tart it up like the early Clapton Cream era one!

CloudNine;629219" said:
    Mine's an only child.. Recently acquired 2013 R9. It's Bourbon Burst. Looks bit less flamey in the flesh, and quite a bit darker. Not much over 8lbs, and sounds bloody marvelous! Don't tend to get on with LP's really, but this is winning me over.
    Lovely! I much prefer subtle flame compared to SOMEBODY GET A FIRE EXTINGUISHER flame.
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    CloudNine said:

Nice guitar, but that bedspreads a real knockout.
    edited May 2015

Oh yeah, I'd love a 175! And a 330! And an R8. And a R9. And a 61 RI SG. Ha! The list is endless!

I've owned it a week and not plugged it in yet belive it or not. Got a rehersal tonight so it's going to get a leg strech through a loud amp. Will assess then!

As for the Bigsby, I thought they were blasphemous too but admitedly, they're good for rockerbilly type stuff and I have a gig coming up that may require that! I'd much rather get a maestro than a bigsby on it I think...

I'm a traditionalist with colours but I'd like me SG to be unique. If only I could find someone to tart it up like the early Clapton Cream era one!

There are some companies that make stick-on finishes so you don't have to spoil the original. See if there's a "The Fool" stick-on finish to see if you like it first

EDIT The walnut finish isn't too common AFAIK. It might not ne unique but most people have cherry, white or black SGs. And shouldn't you be playing rockabilly on a Gretsch anyway? ;)
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12064
    Family?

Just a single lone parent/child/whatnot here.  (i've changed the colour) :p

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6843
    tFB Trader
    Uploaded with Imgupr Ignore the two on the left! Uploaded with Imgupr Uploaded with Imgupr Uploaded with ImguprUploaded with Imgupr
    Wow! Nice collection @jimmyguitar. What are the details of the 335 & SG? :-)
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)