Liam Gallagher

What's Hot
blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2934

I fooking love him.

(This is in guitars cos hes a mean acoustic player)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    He is a prick but do you know what I found most of that clip really funny, and weren't rock stars suppose to arrogant.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 25006
    I have a friend who used to work in Spain and witnessed Liam come through Alicante airport.

He was apparently mithered to death for autographs and selfies and was smiling, pleasant and patient throughout.

She'd always considered him to be a bit of a knob until that point - but that experience of him completely changed her view.

• lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    No one (papers) wants to hear about the 1000 times they stop smile, sign autographs, take photo's etc, the one time they behave like a twat then that's what they are to most people.

I challenge anybody to not get sick of people constantly approaching them, have an off day and tell someone to fuck off.

On a much smaller scale I've just bought a sausage dog puppy 5 weeks ago or so and when I take him out I get stopped literally every 10 metres by people wanting to know his name, age etc etc people pick him up, ask for photo's. It's nice I guess but there's many times I just want to be able to walk past them...I can only imagine how shit that would be if those people were interested in me day in day out for the last 20 years......

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4497

One of my good friends from school married a mate of his.

Liam has babysat for them a few times. He's apparently a decent enough bloke once you get to know him. I'd imagine the issue is that not many people get that opportunity. From his public persona he normally comes across like an arrogant prick.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3500

Hes a lovely fella with time for evey fan but the press doesnt like that. No, hes gotta be the bad guy.

Which makes me think, why did the entire of 'oasis' stay with him and no one went with the the 'nice guy' noel?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7406
    ..."Ginger Bollocks" !! yeah!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10890
    I'd like to think I'd not turn into a massive bellend if I got rich and famous but I definitely couldn't guarantee it.Money does strange things to people.Obviously he may have had bellendish tendencies before money and fame but then again,don't we all at times.

It's sometimes a bit unfair to judge someone on their public/media persona. (However,this doesn't apply to Justin Bieber >:D< )
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • GazLionGazLion Frets: 104
    Never understood the hatred towards him. He's just a massive piss taker and takes nothing too seriously. He knows he's been funny with his arrogance and I find it hilarious
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30357
    It's Noel I can't stand.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30357
    lloyd said:
    No one (papers) wants to hear about the 1000 times they stop smile, sign autographs, take photo's etc, the one time they behave like a twat then that's what they are to most people.

I challenge anybody to not get sick of people constantly approaching them, have an off day and tell someone to fuck off.

On a much smaller scale I've just bought a sausage dog puppy 5 weeks ago or so and when I take him out I get stopped literally every 10 metres by people wanting to know his name, age etc etc people pick him up, ask for photo's. It's nice I guess but there's many times I just want to be able to walk past them...I can only imagine how shit that would be if those people were interested in me day in day out for the last 20 years......
    Congratulations on the sausage dog. They're lovely and very loyal little critters. Very playful too, a lot of fun.
  • SteveGVSteveGV Frets: 344
    Sassafras said:
    It's Noel I can't stand.
    I was surprised when we had Noel in. We've had various managers/PR call up prior in the past asking us to close the shop before their artist came in, and when they do arrive they have a huge entourage with them, then haggle non-stop for the best possible price.
    We did have a warning call that Noel would be in so expected the works. He arrived by himself, very humble and polite, you wouldn't have known he was any different from a regular punter.

**Signed up to reply to a few comments regarding the shop, had a look about....decided to stick around! Opinions are my own and do not represent the views of Guitar Village.**

steve@guitarvillage.com | www.guitarvillage.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075

As has been said, being nice doesn't make headlines.

He's obviously traded off his arrogant persona and made a lot of money from it.

I'm guessing getting older and wiser might have something to do with it.

• xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    I'm quite shocked I'm going to say this, but I really enjoyed that, so much so I have spent the last hour and at least 500mb of work data watching videos of those 2.

Back in the brit pop days I was a hardcore Rocker, couldn't stand oasis, and still don't like the music and really hated their arrogance etc....... Until today, the two brothers are bloody hilarious! Totally changed my opinion of them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    mrchi;631760" said:
    I'm quite shocked I'm going to say this, but I really enjoyed that, so much so I have spent the last hour and at least 500mb of work data watching videos of those 2.

Back in the brit pop days I was a hardcore Rocker, couldn't stand oasis, and still don't like the music and really hated their arrogance etc....... Until today, the two brothers are bloody hilarious! Totally changed my opinion of them.
    And usually I find they tend to take a pop at people that you'd love to put straight yourself. Noel's Kaiser Chief's quote is still one of the funniest things ever first time I read it.

• t1000t1000 Frets: 95
    I've read Tony McCarrolls book and it pretty much confirms Liam is a top bloke and Noel is the twit. Oasis is the reason I picked up the guitar and my neighbours are still cursing them.
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    I think from my experience of meeting famous people through work, bumping into them on the street/pubs/bars and being introduced through friends to a few I have to say that they're just people. People with the same quirks and foibles as the rest of us-they can all be twats, nice, generous and selfish depending on the day you meet them, the circumstances and the mood they're in at the time. As soon as the papers (red tops) get a trait identified that sells papers, they'll keep egging that trait to sell papers. They're no different from the rest of us.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935

I've grown to admire Noel...as a musician and songwriter. I'm far from a fan as such but I've had to teach many of their songs by request of my students and even play a couple in my band and previous bands. But I still see Liam as a tit. And to the OP...how...when...were did you see Liam being a good acoustic guitarists? He can barely play...can strum a few basic chords n that's about it as far as I know??

• siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    edited May 2015

this is a good un of liam and noel lol

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Have met Noel and Liam (separately) and they are both fuckin sound !