Liam Gallagher

What's Hot

Comments

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2934
    siraxeman;631990" said:
    I've grown to admire Noel...as a musician and songwriter. I'm far from a fan as such but I've had to teach many of their songs by request of my students and even play a couple in my band and previous bands. But I still see Liam as a tit. And to the OP...how...when...were did you see Liam being a good acoustic guitarists? He can barely play...can strum a few basic chords n that's about it as far as I know??
    Lol @siraxeman , u heard of sarcasm my man? Cant believe u had to ask!!!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    that's not clear in your post...you sound more fanboyish a winky smiley might have made it clearererer. :p
    U know what, think iv been repressing these feelings about Liam for years probably based on britpop.

From now on ill only ever see him as the Manc Lion that he is ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10890
    I see what you did there with the winky smiley ;)
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7406
    Noel would be a great meet as a guitarist... Liam would just end in civil unrest and broken teeth...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    lloyd said:
    No one (papers) wants to hear about the 1000 times they stop smile, sign autographs, take photo's etc, the one time they behave like a twat then that's what they are to most people.

I challenge anybody to not get sick of people constantly approaching them, have an off day and tell someone to fuck off.

On a much smaller scale I've just bought a sausage dog puppy 5 weeks ago or so and when I take him out I get stopped literally every 10 metres by people wanting to know his name, age etc etc people pick him up, ask for photo's. It's nice I guess but there's many times I just want to be able to walk past them...I can only imagine how shit that would be if those people were interested in me day in day out for the last 20 years......
    Congratulations on the sausage dog. They're lovely and very loyal little critters. Very playful too, a lot of fun.
    He's great to be fair. Little biter though!

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• XWulfhereXWulfhere Frets: 416
    I was a massive Oasis fan as a teenager. But I never reqlly had much time for Liam. I think his live singing went downhill after the 1995 Earls court show, you can see it on their live DVD 'There and Then' because on the Maine Road gigs he's already starting to become a pit of a parody of himself with that weird sound of stretching out vowels. However, he did turn in a few magnificent recording performances, on 'Don't Go Away' on he Be Here Now and what I think his best vocal was on little known B-Side 'Let's all make Believe'...

Oasis was all downhill for me when Andy Bell and Gem Archer joined, although they were better musicians I kind of liked Guigsy and Bonehead as being more true to the ideal of being normal working class northerners instead of the quite obvious rebrand with the new lineup. I'm kind of glad Noel eventually went solo, he was the only part of it I really had any interest in.
    And you know what else? Those safety lids on bottles of sanatogen. There I am trying to get the lid off and along comes my six year old and says "there you are daddy" and it's off in a Jiffy. Someone's gonna get hurt.
  • I have it on very good authority that there will be some Oasis gigs next year... ;-)
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Childcare and divorce is an expensive business...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    edited May 2015
    SteveGV said:
    I was surprised when we had Noel in. We've had various managers/PR call up prior in the past asking us to close the shop before their artist came in, and when they do arrive they have a huge entourage with them, then haggle non-stop for the best possible price.
    We did have a warning call that Noel would be in so expected the works. He arrived by himself, very humble and polite, you wouldn't have known he was any different from a regular punter.

In contrast to Shaftesbury Ave and Denmark St in the 70s when Blackmore, Page, Clapton and countless others would just walk in off the street.  No fuss, no PR bullshit. They even paid cash out of their back pocket.

• darcymdarcym Frets: 1303
    maybe the music forum would be better  for this ?
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10890
    I listened to Definitely Maybe yesterday for the first time in years after reading this thread.Still great tunes but my god,there's some terrible lyrics on there,something I never really noticed back in the day.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    darcym;632609" said:
    maybe the music forum would be better  for this ?
    Mr M , u clearly no nowt of the secret fingerpicking davey graham type skills that Liam has.

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3871
    Whether you like or not, the music, or the RnR approach/attitude, they're both class. And I wouldn't rate meself as a fan, but there's an honesty there.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    I love them, they undeniably had an influence on bringing guitar music back into the British mainstream in the 90's. Some class tunes and very dodgy lyrics!

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1819
    Liam taught me (on the Masterplan album) that "it doesn't matter that you're out of tune, because you're cool" - a philosophy I still live by today, a modern day Confucius.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1143
    it's funny watching him if you're from Manchester, there are a LOT of people who are genuinely like this in real life, everyone want to school with at least one :D it's just so funny to see him in mainstream media not giving a fuck

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28396
    Liam is the definitive bell-end. I think that he was the end product of Mrs Gallaghers womb filtering all the shite out of 20 generations of the family gene pool. 
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5409
    SteveGV said:
    I was surprised when we had Noel in. We've had various managers/PR call up prior in the past asking us to close the shop before their artist came in, and when they do arrive they have a huge entourage with them, then haggle non-stop for the best possible price.
    We did have a warning call that Noel would be in so expected the works. He arrived by himself, very humble and polite, you wouldn't have known he was any different from a regular punter.

In contrast to Shaftesbury Ave and Denmark St in the 70s when Blackmore, Page, Clapton and countless others would just walk in off the street.  No fuss, no PR bullshit. They even paid cash out of their back pocket.

I was trying a guitar out in Chandlers once - in once of the basement rooms - when Gary Moore came wondering in.

Pete from Music Ground used to deal with Noel quite a lot and said he was pretty sound. Just like most of us, he just had more funds for GAS.
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 766
    I don't have an opinion on the subject simply because I don't understand a word he or Noel say. They should put subtitles whenever these guys come on TV.
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."