SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: 1965 Fender Jaguar + Case

What's Hot
jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2474
edited May 2015 in Guitars £
I am contemplating selling on my '65 Jag as a Les Paul I once sold and regretted selling is back on the market! I need £2300 to buy the LP so hoping for £2200 from this sale. The jag is in heavily used condition, very cool looking! No relic-ing here, just plain old thrashing! The body has scratches all over which have taken most of the gloss off the edges. The fretboard has divots in it from heavy use but they don't interfere with playing. The pics say it all really, neck date is '65, pots are '65... Sold to me by a dealer as all original except one tiny bit of hook up wire on the tone pot which was replaced with vintage original wire. Plays excellently, has a Staytrem bridge fitted but original bridge is in the case along with the original trem arm. Uploaded with Imgupr Uploaded with ImguprUploaded with ImguprUploaded with ImguprUploaded with ImguprUploaded with ImguprUploaded with ImguprUploaded with ImguprUploaded with ImguprUploaded with ImguprUploaded with Imgupr
0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2474
    Is it weird to post a classified ad and then IMMEDIATELY change my mind?! What am I thinking?! I may be keeping this... talk some sense into me people!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7197
    Does "keep it you tard" help?!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    GavHaus;631524" said:
    Does "keep it you tard" help?!
    yes I think it's helping @GavHaus! It was the uploading of the sexy pictures which immediately had me doubting this!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I can't fathom your thinking. I'll never ever sell my 62. Never.
    Withdrawn! Off to see a psychiatrist..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3340
    to sell that, for that amount of money is just silly, unless the LP is a vintage barn find!
    lustycourtier;631541" said:
    to sell that, for that amount of money is just silly, unless the LP is a vintage barn find!
    It's a mint '73 deluxe goldtop with original case... A beauty but can't bring myself to lose this jag for it! I must have something else I can sell, a kidney or something..

• johnswissjohnswiss Frets: 394
    Tease! :)
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3093
    That's lovely mate. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• TrotterTrotter Frets: 516
    I was readying a fire sale after viewing these pictures! Good decision to keep (but I still want it!!!)

:)
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3340
    lustycourtier;631541" said:
    It's a mint '73 deluxe goldtop with original case... A beauty but can't bring myself to lose this jag for it! I must have something else I can sell, a kidney or something..

A 73 gt deluxe? I sold some old stuff to buy a 72 deluxe tat was 'the one'. It went within months for An R7. Don't rush Into such things!
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6841
    edited May 2015 tFB Trader
    Good decision @jimmyguitar I think It'd be a far better plan to move that old SG of yours, nobody wants them these days, not 'on trend' anymore, I'll take it off your hands if you just want to cut your losses and get rid?......
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    thats the first time I have seen that!
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Back up for sale, GAS is a cruel mistress! Whoever gets this shall be a lucky bugger!
    Uploaded with ImguprThe sun is out!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Mind-numbingly awful decision on your part :D
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    Pm'd
    GavHaus said:
    Mind-numbingly awful decision on your part :D

I know, I know!! I have just accepted that my tele does all the fender sounds I need and I'm a Gibson-aholic really. Shame I can't keep it but one mustn't be too greedy!
    There are too many errors in the above statement for me to reply to :D