Any Slash fans there with more money than sense?

What's Hot
GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
Here is the guitar for you
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/231561114962
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Here I am :D
    edited May 2015
    Hmmm a lot of money but can't see it ever going down in value if you could knock a few grand off. There's really not many of those guitars around at all and this is part of the first run of 50 and has photographs to prove the signature.

Also it was posted on here a while back and said the same then :D
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    underdog said:
    Hmmm a lot of money but can't see it ever going down in value if you could knock a few grand off. There's really not many of those guitars around at all and this is part of the first run of 50 and has photographs to prove the signature.

Okay thanks. As you were. 

:)
    GuitarMonkey;632341" said:
    underdog said:

Okay thanks. As you were. 

:)
    I prefer the Epi one as it has normal inlays because that snake is hideous :D

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    £32000...... No
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • chrishill901chrishill901 Frets: 519
    Ive got more money than sense, but thats a damning indictment on how little sense I have, not a glowing review of my bank balance.

If I was in a position where I could afford to drop money like that on a guitar then that'd be one I'd see sense in. Very unique and rare, but in my opinion this guy is charging nearly double what he should be. When he tried to sell it before he got a bid for £20k, no more. The Milton Friedman in me suggests that it is therefore worth £20k, not £32k. But I was never good at economics so im off to the bank chaps!

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    chrishill901;632452" said:
    Ive got more money than sense, but thats a damning indictment on how little sense I have, not a glowing review of my bank balance.

If I was in a position where I could afford to drop money like that on a guitar then that'd be one I'd see sense in. Very unique and rare, but in my opinion this guy is charging nearly double what he should be. When he tried to sell it before he got a bid for £20k, no more. The Milton Friedman in me suggests that it is therefore worth £20k, not £32k. But I was never good at economics so im off to the bank chaps!
    Depends how long you plan on having it I guess, 30k is a bit much now but when Slash eventually shuffles off the mortal coil (and I cry like a baby) the price will be massive on something like this.

He is one of a small group of the last true guitar heroes, the guitarist role and rocks role has changed, and he got in just before people stopped caring about guitarists.

Probably my least favourite slash Sig but also the rarest, most expensive and most striking one by a good distance.
    underdog said:
    chrishill901;632452" said:

Depends how long you plan on having it I guess, 30k is a bit much now but when Slash eventually shuffles off the mortal coil (and I cry like a baby) the price will be massive on something like this.

He is one of a small group of the last true guitar heroes, the guitarist role and rocks role has changed, and he got in just before people stopped caring about guitarists.

Probably my least favourite slash Sig but also the rarest, most expensive and most striking one by a good distance.
    Couldn't agree more. I actually love the guitar, but my favourite after seeing the latest tour is the rosso corsa!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    chrishill901;632482" said:
    underdog said:

chrishill901;632452" said:Ive got more money than sense, but thats a damning indictment on how little sense I have, not a glowing review of my bank balance.

Couldn't agree more. I actually love the guitar, but my favourite after seeing the latest tour is the rosso corsa!
    Are you sure? Cos when I seen him the red guitar he played was a vermillion, and seemed to be on the youtube footage from the UK too :D
    That one then :P I forgot there were two. I genuinely can hardly perceive the difference... white and gold, black and blue? Its all the same to me

edited May 2015
    :D

Just googled for pics of the 2 next to each other and they are only slightly different in some lights. Yet when I photograph mine it always shows up way more pink or orange than it is in real life.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4385
    Rarity doesn't equal value though.

I'd be surprised if this was ever more sought after than a Collector's Choice version of the AFD model (did they do that, or have I lost count of the models?).
    guitargeek62;632529" said:
    Rarity doesn't equal value though.

I'd be surprised if this was ever more sought after than a Collector's Choice version of the AFD model (did they do that, or have I lost count of the models?).
    I think it will be, this was more expensive to begin with, is true custom shop, the numbers were limited and they'd stopped at 50 first time around due to the amount of work done by hand on them, each one has the Snakepit logo hand painted on etc

And I believe it's one of the few that was driven in to production by slash rather than Gibson, it was literally a guitar he wanted made for himself.

I don't like it myself but it's value will go up in my opinion.

• andyozandyoz Frets: 719
    edited May 2015
    Here link to thread for it's first eBay listing. The photos have improved a bit for the new listing...

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/37899/welcome-to-the-jungle/p2
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited May 2015
    What makes me laugh, judging by the way Axl was dancing prior to becoming a glam god in early G'NR and how Slash is now, is that the pair of them have impeccably low class and a very poor taste in fashion and gentlemanliness.  I think this guitar is representative of my  diagnosis.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    30 grand for a new Gibson Les Paul. Not for me. As to its worth, that's just what somebody's prepared to pay for it. But given you could get a decent vintage ES for that sort of money...
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    edited May 2015
    Eeek!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Looks like a nice guitar but I don't like that snake inlay.  Looks a bit tacky IMO.  Really lovely looking guitar otherwise.