Anybody seen this?

What's Hot
usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
Apologies if it's all over the forum, and I just haven't seen it!

so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    Interesting concept, if what they say is true, I woulkd have to hear it in a real world setting before I considered buying one, (Which I wouldnt as I dont have a bolt on :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    It'd have to make a good deal of positive difference, for a lot of people to get beyond how it looks, I suspect...
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754

I'm glad I've hit 50, and my hearing has gone kaput. I don't have to worry about all this snake oil new fangled malarkey.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 888
    It does piss me off that these companies go to great lengths to show wave files and things to show off the product and then don't play the fucking thing in tune!
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3074
    I expect it will make some difference - the guitar will sound different but not necessarily better. Solution to a problem that doesn't exist?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6375
    Side by side.. to my ears, the guitar with the thinginybob attached sounded darker..  I preferred it without.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I imagine it'll go the way these things invariably do. That is to sell half a dozen, disappear pretty much without trace, and hardly anyone will know/remember they ever existed, within a couple of years.

A wild guess, based on being old, and having seen a few things in my time.....

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74500
    Did the two guitars sound identical in the first place? I'm sure we all know that two "identical" guitars don't always - or even usually - sound exactly the same. Even the precise set-up can make enough difference that you can hear it.

Without checking that - or comparing a large number of guitars with and without to see if there is a systemic difference - the result is meaningless. I can't think of any physical reason it should have any significant effect either.

I also preferred the sound of the one with it, for what it's worth - the one with it sounded slightly muffled.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• jazzlemmingjazzlemming Frets: 36

koss59 said:
    It does piss me off that these companies go to great lengths to show wave files and things to show off the product and then don't play the fucking thing in tune!
    Yep, an electronic tuner would have made a much bigger difference to the sound!
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    Could come in handy when I take my 'Magnetic Guitar Storage Wall' concept on to Dragon's Den.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Get a Backbone should get a Fucking Tuner !

Other than the awful sound of an out of tune guitar, it was interesting to listen to but that's all.

My Telecaster isn't getting one of them.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25111
    Could come in handy when I take my 'Magnetic Guitar Storage Wall' concept on to Dragon's Den.

I fear that big smartarse Peter Jones would point out that aluminium isn't magnetic.

Then he'd offer you all the money you wanted.... but for 99% of your company.

Philly_Q said:

I fear that big smartarse Peter Jones would point out that aluminium isn't magnetic.

Then he'd offer you all the money you wanted.... but for 99% of your company.

I fear you are indeed right. Thinking about it I'm not sure I am willing to chance Deborah Meaden doing a Sharon Stone style leg crossing thing in my direction for 1% of my potentially crap idea.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    It always makes me laugh when some new gizmo comes along claiming to increase sustain in a Strat or Tele. One of the reasons I'm not keen on Les Pauls is they've go too much sustain.
    If you want sustain get a Gibson.
    If you want clarity, definition and punch get a Fender
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    ^ Completely agree.
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    Sassafras said:
    It always makes me laugh when some new gizmo comes along claiming to increase sustain in a Strat or Tele. One of the reasons I'm not keen on Les Pauls is they've go too much sustain.
    If you want sustain get a Gibson.
    If you want clarity, definition and punch get a Fender
    But,,But I want it all!!!
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4268
    Pass the Snake Oil. another demo where they couldn't be arsed to tune the guitars :( next please
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6813
    Different don't equal better
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7406

I'm glad I've hit 50, and my hearing has gone kaput. I don't have to worry about all this snake oil new fangled malarkey.

+1 - was thinking the same... Want a different tone? flick the PUP selector switch, press a pedal, change amp, change guitar... Jeez - even learn some new licks... stop with all this bollocks...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>