Help! One of my pickups is quiet

littlethoughtslittlethoughts Frets: 649
edited May 2015 in Guitar
Why is one of my pickups quiet?

So a while back I put the original pups back in my tremonti se. I foolishly wired them the wrong way round, but one other issue was that one pickup was rather quiet. I re soldered them today the right way round, and now the other is quieter. I'm guessing there is an issue with the pot wiring rather than the pickup given that both pups work fine through the the other set of pots. Is there any usual way of fixing this or is the pot just shafted? (Pun intended)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I should also say if anyone has a spare volume pot of a PRS SE I could be very interested - I gather you need a different size compared to Gibsons etc.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
    edited May 2015
    Last time this happened to me it was a cold solder joint and was fine when I re soldered it.
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    Have you said something to offend it?
  • Adam_MD;637634" said:
    Last time this happened to me it was a cold solder joint and was fine when I re soldered it.
    Yes that was my first suspicion, I resoldered the whole thing again just to be sure. Although of course it is possible I've still gacked it up. Any other likely culprits beyond my own inability? Could it be a dry solder joint somewhere other than the volume pot?