Tokai help.

wayneiriewayneirie Frets: 419
edited May 2015 in Guitar
Is a tokai ls100 a decent trade for a U.S. strat? Been offered one on gumtree. Anyone got any knowledge on these. Are they any good? Thanks in advance.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    If it definitely Japanese (which it is if it is what you're saying), is in good condition and most importantly you like it I would say it's a good trade indeed.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3614
    iirc the specifications of various Tokia models changes over the years, so knowing the age of the tokia might be relevant. The LS60 of one year is the same as the ls100 of another and so on.

Sorry not much help. Try seeking recent completed sales values for both on evil bay to get an idea.

• wayneiriewayneirie Frets: 419
    Dudes supposed to be emailing me some pics. So I'll put some up when I get them. Thanks.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4779

Also depends on the age and model of the Strat but generally US strats go for a bit more than the mid range Tokais.

I have just bought a 2003 LS70 from @10thumbs , it is absolutely mint and is around an LS100 by todays model numbers, I would expect for example a US standard Strat to go for more than I payed in the same condition.

However, the Tokai is a superb guitar, apples to oranges but a much better guitar than my 1994 USA Standard Strat.

• wayneiriewayneirie Frets: 419
    Well I got some pics and it's quite nice but I want another semi. Otherwise I'll just end up trading it in 6 months.