Most Les Pauly Les Paul? VOS 57 Gold Top???

What's Hot
johnonguitarjohnonguitar Frets: 1243
Leading on from another thread what do you guys think is the most Les Paul like Les Paul available to buy NEW today?

I mean, the guitar with the most authentic parts, spec, sound and feel to the original instruments.

It doesn't even need to be a Gibson
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5640
    edited May 2015
    A good R7/8/9/0 + Historic Makeover + Throbak pickups.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6843
    edited May 2015 tFB Trader
    Leading on from another thread what do you guys think is the most Les Paul like Les Paul available to buy NEW today?

I mean, the guitar with the most authentic parts, spec, sound and feel to the original instruments.

If you are meaning as close to the original 'golden era' 50's guitars as possible then I would say the '54 Goldtop that recently caused a furor in the Classifieds on here would be hard to beat, or any a 'Burst built by that builder. 
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Gil Yarron seems to have the reputation.
  • johnonguitarjohnonguitar Frets: 1243
    edited May 2015
    miserneil;637880" said:
    johnonguitar said:

If you are meaning as close to the original 'golden era' 50's guitars as possible then I would say the '54 Goldtop that recently caused a furor in the Classifieds on here would be hard to beat, or any a 'Burst built by that builder. 
    Does that have P90's? See in my head Les's should be PAF'd the frack up
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6843
    tFB Trader
    miserneil;637880" said:
    johnonguitar said:

Does that have P90's? See in my head Les's should be PAF'd the frack up
    That one did but he also makes a replica burst that is right on the money.

If the Gibson marketing bluff is to be believed, the True Historic range are going to be in the ball park of what you are after....
    :^o
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)