Is there a storm coming at line6?

What's Hot
ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6240
in Guitar tFB Trader
I'm seeing a lot of price drops on line6 gear across the board, now seeing as Yamaha bought them I guess they have been busy with new products a plenty in the works..... So anyone fancy a guess as to what's coming and when it will arrive?
Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• An update to the DL4 with no volume loss, switches which don't break and global tap tempo.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12727
    It's probably got more to do with Line6 UK being replaced by Yamaha and not all Line6 dealers have been taken on by Yamaha. As a result, those dealers are jettisoning their stock.

They did bring a few new products to Messe this year, details are out there :-)
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    I think they started to go in the right direction with the m series, but the spider and post original pod line up will always be their achillies heel, untill they bring a product out which will genuinely wow us,

I feel the main problem is digital technology, it's always evolving and getting better so unlike analogue tech it will always become out dated, so most line 6 stuff will have inevitable obsolescence, boss pedals and valve amps don't have this problem.
  • spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
    I have a couple of mates that didn't "make the cut" now it's gone to Yamaha. Might give them a shout and see if I can get any info. I would say we are long overdue a DL/ MM upgrade. They are getting murdered by Strymon who used to work for them. I would say updated pedals and a serious contender for Fractal. Probably something to go up agaunst the Blackstar BEAM would be good. 
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6240
    tFB Trader
    mrchi said:
    I think they started to go in the right direction with the m series, but the spider and post original pod line up will always be their achillies heel, untill they bring a product out which will genuinely wow us,

I feel the main problem is digital technology, it's always evolving and getting better so unlike analogue tech it will always become out dated, so most line 6 stuff will have inevitable obsolescence, boss pedals and valve amps don't have this problem.

can't argue with this, they almost need a very robust vessel that can be updated with software over a period of time to give longevity to a digital product.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    mrchi said:

Plugged my old POD 2 in at the weekend and did some recording .. the thing sounded ace. In digital terms it's ancient. New doesn't mean better.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    With decent firmware updates, they could turn the HD500x into something really special. Little things like not being able to ditch the amp slot in. Presets are a pain currently, its a shitload of processing power dedicated to an empty slot I can't use for another effect. Improving all the cab IR's would help too.
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7966
    I don't think they use IRs, I think it is more like a filter or something. They discussed it on the forum months ago, and said that using IRs in the same way the Axe FX does it'd eat loads of CPU. It is no big deal to use external IRs when recording to a DAW though.