NGD Been after one of these for a few years & today one finally arrived at mine!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3379
    stonevibe;639064" said:
    grungebob said:

Mockingbird ?

Interesting...
    But no lol
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7220
    grungebob said:
    stonevibe;639064" said:
    grungebob said:

Mockingbird ?

Interesting...
    But no lol
    Well its bird related, so close...
    Guitar Bomb & Nembrini Audio Summer Giveaway 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23782
    Looks good!  

It reminds me of the Firebird-type Robbin Crosby (RIP) of Ratt used to play, although I know that was a Jackson and it was long, long before ESP introduced this model.
    Finally re-strung it tonight with 11s and top wrapped it. Bloody hell it sounds lush!

Super resonant with the maple through neck. Its thicker than any Firebird I have ever played as well, so it feels good and solid. Not afraid that the headstock is about to come flying off either. Great guitar, no idea why they stopped making these. As it is lovely in terms of build quality. 
    edited May 2015
    Have added a set of Witch Hats to the Phoenix because the silver knobs were too small and had sweet FA grip to them. The action on this guitar is ridiculously low as well, however as it has huge frets I can handle it easily enough because I can get a good grip for bends and stuff with them.

Might try and see if any of my Jazzmaster hard cases fit it, as I got it in a decent gig bag (as more useful to me).

Not sure about the Earvana nut though, a lot of faff for not much advantage in terms of tuning. May think about getting a bone nut added at some point instead.

I haven't had a through neck in ages and its really nice to hear the sustain impact that this has on the instrument. All that maple at the core really resonates nicely and adds some serious sustain to the guitar.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom