Rare Focus recording from '71

FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
For the likes of @Phil_aka_Pip here's a rare live recording of Focus uploaded by Jan Akkerman on Soundcloud.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    @Fretwired Nice of you to think of me, I'd love to watch that but I think it will have to wait till tomorrow evening :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1276
    I shall give this a listen later.
    :)
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    @Fretwired Nice of you to think of me, I'd love to watch that but I think it will have to wait till tomorrow evening :)
    @Phil_aka_Pip .. no video just audio but it's the original version of Eruption which had some Bartok in it .. the family of the dead composer objected forcing a rewrite when they came to record it.

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    Fretwired said:
    @Phil_aka_Pip .. no video just audio but it's the original version of Eruption which had some Bartok in it .. the family of the dead composer objected forcing a rewrite when they came to record it.
    I shall listen then. Since that last post Oi hev driv to work, this evening is a band practice, but I might listen when I get in later. Interested to hear the difference between this and the record (which is one of my favourite recordings), I assume the differences will be the Bartok.

When I was 12 my violin teacher tried to get me to play some Bartok. Neither the scales nor the rhythms made any sense at the time ...
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Fretwired said:
    I shall listen then. Since that last post Oi hev driv to work, this evening is a band practice, but I might listen when I get in later. Interested to hear the difference between this and the record (which is one of my favourite recordings), I assume the differences will be the Bartok.

When I was 12 my violin teacher tried to get me to play some Bartok. Neither the scales nor the rhythms made any sense at the time ...
    There are big differences as it's live .. the best live version I've heard. The drummer Pierre van der Linden had these tapes at his house. I got a copy of the whole concert about 15 years ago on cassette .. this is just one track. Some great guitar playing from Jan .. 1971 .. where does the time go?

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6414
    Really enjoyed that.  Thanks.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16065
    how do you save that tae computer?
    tae be or not tae be